PLi info/help 7020

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
ive resurrected a 7020 from the dead, so am thinking of putting the 600 in the bedroom, and the 7020 in its place in the living room. i got the PLi image on the 600, with the 14 day sly epg installed, and the disc is constantly spinning, ive now put this disk into the 7020, and have read that you can use a USB stick for the EPG data, but i was thinking of using the USB socket for the charger for my Wiimotes lol (i did that with my other 7020)

inside the front flap theres a slot for a compact flash cartridge, can this be used for the EPG data? and if i just bought the cheapest one i could find (i know the data is a max of about 50M) and chucked it in for silent EPG would it be ok?

hopefuilly someone out there has tried/is doing it this way and can let me know

:)

found the answer :), copy/pasted below for future reference and for others

Steps:

* Make sure you have storage for the EPG, either USB or CF. disk or mount works, but is not advised.

* Switch to the SQLite EPG database (blue button, Dreambox settings, System settings, EPG

* Download the 'Dreambox EPG plugin' via blue button, software management

* Make your SKY bouquet current by zapping to a channel in that list

* Start the plugin via de plugin menu (yellow button)

* Press the green button to open the channel mapping screen
On the left, you see the unmapped channels (as defined in the radiotimes xml file)
On the right, you see the channels from the current bouquet

* Now map the channels by selecting one in the left window (ok), then select the matching one from the right

* Once you've mapped all channels you want to see EPG data from, press Done (green button)

* You can now do a manual retrieve (yellow button) to check. You should see a download window for every channel mapped.

Optionally, you can have the plugin create a cron entry to retrieve the data automatically once a day. To do that, set the time you want to do this, check the 'Use Cron' checkbox, and press the blue button when you're done. Optionally, you can set the number of days ahead you want. Time offset should always be zero, unless you are in a different timezone then your box is (which is hardly ever the case).

If you want to use the Cron option, make sure you have cron installed and running. Press the blue button, select Dreambox settings, system settings, services to run. There should be an entry in there with a checkbox called 'Start Crond'. If it's not checked, check it, save it, then restart the box to start the cron daemon. If it's not in the list. Go to software management, download and install cron, then repeat the previous steps to activate cron.

That should do it.

Back