Plex

unison

good to be back
VIP Member
Reaction score
any chance of having a plea area on the forum just getting into Plex and seems you guys and dolls could help out maybe a few stickies might stop a lot of repeated threads

hopefully the experts are already on here and if their not it will bring them making the forum better once new peeps get the past 5 post rule before downloading.... problem everyone can see this is a problem for you guys but there are areas on the forum where a plex area could be tested. But there are cheap boxes now which will run Plex and knowing how or being shown how to get to work to their full potential is a absolute must.I bought a box already done just to see what their are like and i know loads of peeps say you should of read up everybody can do it with putting the work in but i still think that we had or still have the best people on here to achieve this...

Just done a search and i dont see that much Plex content on this forum hence asking who will step up.

See what @Mick thinks if he likes the idea im sure one of us can add the section but it will need someone to add content and thats my main concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
never used it personally it may be useful feature on forum but as above are their anyone that wishes to take it on ?

Played with it, but its client server setup, so even if you have it on a TV or a Now TV box you are still going to need a PC with the server side on it. Also the plugins are no where near as good as the addons on Kodi.

Apart from the fact that it Runs on a TV Now box and on some Smart TVs I really see no advantage as opposed to Kodi

which every root peep use its up to there self i'm just saying Plex is another option i had a fantastic Kodi build press what you want and instantly came on but that no longer works shame. thats when i tried Plex

What are you getting out of plex and what is it that you would like to get out of a section here?

Plex is giving me everything Kodi gave me and at this min this is instant but could change at any moment we all know that what i would like from the forum is the ability get my own Plex server as good maybe never get sports live working but gives me the opportunity to add later to me its a challenge or some thing to try and at the mo i have to search else where and this Digitalworldz is were the things i have learnt is from reading what you peeps post and at the end of the day it was just a suggestion.:Cheers:

not a route i ever plan to go down as personally get all i need with other methods never really noticed much about it so not sure if a need for it but each to their own likes

Could it be tagged onto the iptv section? IE plex discussion thread

Could it be tagged onto the iptv section? IE plex discussion thread

Could have it's own section for me but ive a feeling the section will lay for the most part empty.

@unison are you paying a sub for what you whatching. Seems to be the way Plex has gone from what im reading !

I had a sub for a while and was pretty good a lot better than kodi and faster (but kodi is free) if you find good server its worth a try for a month

@Micks call then.

Im a little uncomfortable with it as it seems to be sub based more than anything else. I appreciate Sat TV has gone that way but it was never intended to do so.

cheap as chips on ebay or u need is a smart tv , download plex, its free, either stream from your server, so you dont need any more hardware like now tv 2

hate the paid for route as above sat went down same route to its detriment sadly it all seems the way in future
wonder what happened to the hobby as it aint no more sad really miss the buzz of it all

Last edited:
Back