Other Pleeeeeease help me

Emmvee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have a desktop pc that keeps powering off.
I have ran it in safe mode for the last 3 days solid stress testing and running diagnostic software and it hasnt stopped once. I boot in to windows 7 and within a couple of minutes it just powers off. I have reinstalled windows at least 4 times and the same thing happens...........safe mode is fine but windows dies

Please help with some advice on where to go from here

Re: Pleeeeeease hep me

i once had this problem and swapped everything, PSU, RAM, CPU. turned out to be my firewall i was using... I cant remember the name of it tho.

As you've ruled out the PSU, lets simplify the system...

• Unplug all drives and external devices except the boot drive, primary display, keyboard and mouse.
  • Remove all-but-one stick of RAM.
  • Turn off any CPU/GPU overclock you might have; if your BIOS/UEFI allows profiles save your current one, and reset to default.
  • Rather than boot into "safe mode", try a clean boot: Start > type 'msconfig' (without quotes) > on the "General" tab > click "Selective" startup > untick "Load startup items" > switch to the "Services" tab > Tick "Hide all Microsoft services check box" (at the bottom) > click Disable all > click OK > Reboot when prompted.

had a similar problem, ran fine , even overnight in safe mode. but crapped out after a while when fully loaded.. in my specific case it was the GPU.. as windows was loading minimal drivers in safe mode..

Back