please help my head is burning

maca

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all please help me before i throw my pc out the window
all i wanted to do was upgrade my version of xp to sp2 so i could install some software which had to be running on sp2 or higher get upto 37% off install then the system restarts and loops the same process again all i want to do is try and cancel the update and get back into system :Cry::Cry::Cry:

I'm no expert, but have you tried going through safe mode and trying that way; see if that allows you to do it.

Were you doing anything like downloading via p2p software, or doing something were there could've been 3rd party interfearance in the sense that you may have a spyware/virus...

As I suggested above, try safe mode.

Someone will be along later with more info :)

cant get into safe mode when pressing f8 just get boot sequence i am trying the updates files of sp3 now will let you know guys thanks for the info oh and was only trying to update not downloading or anything

According to what I've just read, If your computer uses an AMD processor then SP2 will loop.
there is a patch on the site Jaffa posted, which must be installed before SP3.

According to what I've just read, If your computer uses an AMD processor then SP2 will loop.
there is a patch on the site Jaffa posted, which must be installed before SP3.

yes m8 you are right i am using amd athlon processor 64 3000 i have downloaded this file
Windows XP Service Pack 3 hotfix for AMD procoessors: install before SP3 is this the right one
do i have to run the file from the disk as i can't get into windows sorry for being thick

please help anyone its all going wrong at the mo pc ****@d ebay hacked what next need to get back into main pc laptop is slow and its piss@ng me off aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppppp

maybe too late, but try getting your hands on ERD Commander and burn that to CD. With this you can boot via the CD and then there is an option called 'Hotfix Uninstaller'... use that.

worked for me When SP3 shagged my pc a while back

Edit: obviously you will need another pc to download & burn this

tried this ird commander heard about it but never used it before but no luck as it was saying there is no op system on me drive so could not use the hotfix :grrrr::err:

It could be a hardware issue causing the reboots. Why not disconnect all USB gear and boot with just a stick of ram and the graphics card?

Are you using a xp copy? if so I think you have been zapped the only solution is to format the hard drive and start again

maca I have updated loads of AMD's with SP2 & SP3 and have never had a problem or have never had to load anything such as is being suggested because it's an AMD. Sure there are a few issues around SP3 but those I now understand nd have never had a problem since my 1st one.

So do you still have the problem or are your sorted m8?

Back