PlayStation one mod

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys found a PlayStation one in the loft, what's the easiest method to mod, action replay or some sort of game cart?

60 p pic chip if you have a programmer
or I am sure someone has one about

here is the files for the chip

Attachments

• PSX_12F629.rar
    554.1 KB · Views: 3
A ps1 doesn't need to be modded to play backups if that's what you want? All you need is an original game and a spring or matchstick to make the PlayStation believe its closed and disc swap the original with the backup as far as I remember

A ps1 doesn't need to be modded to play backups if that's what you want? All you need is an original game and a spring or matchstick to make the PlayStation believe its closed and disc swap the original with the backup as far as I remember

I never got that technique to work, also I think it differs from model to model. I think I was trying to get it to read backups rather than imported games so whether or not the swap method only works with genuine games or not I don't know! Ended up getting mine chipped. God knows how many years later it still works :)

This only worked on the early models, you would insert an original let it spin to the Sony Licence screen, wait for the disc to slow down (as it's just read the secuirty from it) then swap for the backup before it started spinnning up again.

You could do similar with newer models and an 'Action replay' cart, there was even a swap disc towards the end.

However with all that the best way was to mod it latest code (for stealth etc, although you could patch the games themselves - Paradox etc release loads of ppf's to use for this)

Back