PlayStation 5 matches the price of the Xbox Series X

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sony has matched the price of the forthcoming flagship PlayStation 5 to that of Microsoft's Xbox Series X.
Last time round, the PS4 significantly undercut the Xbox One at launch.
Sony also confirmed the PS5's "digital edition" - which does not have a disc drive - would cost about 40% more than the low-end Xbox Series S.
Both PS5 consoles are set to be released on 19 November in the UK, and 12 November in the US, Japan and Australia.
PlayStation 5 matches the price of the Xbox Series X

Looks like i'll be waiting a while to buy the PS5 then as happy playing on the PS4 for now and don't have that amount of cash free with the little ones eating it up.

I wonder how many ppl are going to go for the digital edition thinking they are saving lots of money but then get screwed over buying the digital games from the playstation store at over inflated prices compared to disc versions.

I wonder how many ppl are going to go for the digital edition thinking they are saving lots of money but then get screwed over buying the digital games from the playstation store at over inflated prices compared to disc versions.

I havent had a games console in a long time but are the digital games not traditionally cheaper. like ebooks vs physical books?

I wonder how long before they hack it and people can play pirated games.

I havent had a games console in a long time but are the digital games not traditionally cheaper. like ebooks vs physical books?

I wonder how long before they hack it and people can play pirated games.

Don't think i've ever seen a digital game cheaper than the physical copy. last game i brought was Call of Duty and paid £35 for it in an online shop, yet the digital version was around £50, and some digital games are even more than that.

Don't think i've ever seen a digital game cheaper than the physical copy. last game i brought was Call of Duty and paid £35 for it in an online shop, yet the digital version was around £50, and some digital games are even more than that.

Wow i am surprised at that i would of always thought it would be the opposite due to not having as much overhead with the digital copy.

Back