Playstation 3 bargain ?

darren221980

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was selling an item on ebay and got a email for the below advertising items for sale direct from China at wholesale prices.

So i thought i'd take a look. Anyway i found the ps3 on there with price of 155.00 Euros which works out at only £106.00 so thought it sounds to good to be true considering cheapest i've found so far is £350.00 from Canada.

Basically what i'd like to know is if anybody on this site has bought from the below site or knows of anyone who has? If so is it legit or a scamming site?

http://www.ussve.com/product.asp?id=893

Thanks,

Darren

P.s. If i've posted in wrong section, sorry. Please move the post for me if possible @ mods.

Also emailed the site in question and got a reply, see below...

".....From : ku ku <[email protected]>
Sent : 14 March 2007 14:15:34
To : ****
Subject : RE: Playstation 3

| | | Inbox

As the electric industrial development in China,
we can make out the good quality products with
low price.
the price is also our advantage.
The postage to UK is about 60EUR.

We can accept payment by western union or bank
transfer.

Thanks

To: [email protected]
Subject: Playstation 3
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:02:23 +0000

Hi,

I've been looking on your website and i'm interested in buying a Playstation 3. However the price seems so low to be true compared to prices over here. Your selling it for a quarter of what it costs in this country. I guess what i'm trying to find out is... Is it a legit ps3 ? How much would postage be to the UK??? Also how long until you can accept payment by paypal as never used Western Union as so many people use that and get scammed which i'm not prepared to do.

Thanks,

Darren..."

Last edited:
mate this is a MEGA SCAM you'l never see you money again.
In this situation "If something looks too good to be ture it most probably is" deffinatly applies,
ne company that uses western union just stay away from

mate be really careful infact just stay away from this sort of company. Here is another one looks simular www.chinaeagora.com also i had a live chat with them and they said 28euro's for shipping that on its own is different to your 60.

What a SCAM (if ne one does try to buy from them let me no if you get the good lol)

Cheers

One: Too cheap
Two: they have a hotmail address lol
Three: Western Union or Bank Transfer

Stay away mate. These are the clues to look for.

definately a scam. stay away from them. i hope you aint parted with any cash yet!

big scam
the cheapest way to get a ps3 is from japan. on amazon.jp they work out to about £280 but its a restricted item so they wont post it to the uk (why would they when the uk amazon charges so much more). so next best trick is buy from yahoo auctions japan (ebay never took off there). the uk and ireland auctions have stopped so use the american version to sign up - then look for those that post internationally. btw theres also lots of scammers there as well

Thanks guys.
Just what i thought then,lol. Luckily not parted with any money yet and i definately wont be now. I'll have a look around the yahoo auctions and at importing one from canada i think then.

They Say
As the electric industrial development in China,
we can make out the good quality products with
low price.

If they really where making the PS3 they would be lcensed by Sony and definatley not be able to ship it out with Sony noticing. Sony will check all its stock

Soon as i saw the words western union i thought scam but can't be to safe. Glad i asked just to be on safe side.

Looking at either importing from canada for £327.66 for ps3 then about £50.00 postage or from Hong Kong.

Just need to check up whats best version to get, ie is there any advantages over which one i get other than price etc.

Scam - if there are enough people interested I could see if there is a possibility of shoving a few on one of my containers coming over from Canada. You would have to pay the import duty though.

The only issue I see is that initially there was about an 8% return rate in the US. How would we get round that.

On Future shops website 699 but then you have to add sales tax of around 15% - so you are looking at 352. You used to be able to claim the tax back but if you add the import duty then you are not going to save that much in the end.

Back