PLAY ANY PSX GAMES PAL, NTSC-U , JAP on ANY VERSION PS2 Fliptop

polosolo

Inactive User
Reaction score
PLAY ANY PSX GAMES PAL, NTSC-U , JAP on ANY VERSION SLIM PS2 Fliptop

Hello Guy`s

Thought I would post this up as it may come in handy for a few peeps
who like psx games.
There are peeps who say that psxlauncher.elf does the same ,But this method Boots everything
unlike the latter...;)

NO MODCHIP REQUIRED

AR2.2 Bonus Archive CD Broken scratched ?

Finally I can now load all my original psx backups games PAL , NTSC-U , JAP via my ps2 browser .
Model scph-77003 v15 slim ps2 PAL flip top

Steps I took

1: Load up your MC with MCBOOT 1.7

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
2: I configured my LaunchELF to open via the R1 trigger and also added a short cut for the PS2 browser,Make sure Disk control is set to ON in the select configure option in LauncherELF menu.

3: I disabled the sensors on my ps2 slim fliptop , use tape and make sure it`s secure Remember all 3 must be disabled.

4: Place any ps1 Pal original in the ps2 close lid and hold the R1 trigger turn on power and wait untill it loads into the LaunchELF main menu , open fliptop and replace your original with the backup Pal psx game ,now scroll to PS2 Browser and press O ......wait and in a few seconds you will be playing your backups.

Now for the ....BEST BIT!.... So you can load ps1 pal backups ok but on later models this method will not boot your NTSC-U OR JAP so here is a GREAT! trick to use.

5: Grab yourself a copy of AR2.2 Bonus Archive cd (Alternatives = gameshark lite psx , Planet cheat psx )....Dam find it Google is your Friend (took me ages to get a good image) and burn at x4 with the latest imageburn to make a backup . Remember MAKE SURE you get the correct version for your region eg: PAL or NTSC-U or JAP

6: Place any ps1 original Pal in the ps2 close lid and hold the R1 trigger turn on power and wait untill it loads into the LaunchELF main menu , open fliptop and replace your original with the backup of AR2.2 (or Alternative) in the ps2. Close lid ,now scroll to PS2 Browser and press O ,You will now be greeted with the AR2.2 Bonus Archive screen .Press O and O .....load your NTSC-U , Jap or Pal BACKUP PSX following the screen prompts and you are now Playing your favourite flavours of psx games Region Free.

This method will work on every ps2 slim flip top version I would think.
Vice versa for NTSC-U & Jap versions of your ps2 Slim.
Should you want to try on your PAL , NTSC-U or JAP slim ..Then you will have to find your region image disk....Sorry

Think this is about the best ATM ?? if like me you Have 1 of the latest slim
fliptops and want to boot your original psx backups from any region on a none modchip ps2,and your psx,cheat disks have been damaged.

Max := 1 swap for your own region psx
Max := 2 swaps for a different flavoured region psx
No danger when you swap the disk , as it auto stops when you switch

Enjoy : Best Regards Polosolo

I do not condone Piracy in any shape or form and this is for all you people who actually own the software and for some reason or other are not able to play there originals due to misuse

Last edited:
Back