Plastic trim restorer question

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Were on about selling our car in the next few months but the plastic bumper and trim (originally black) are starting to look abit faded and tired. I youtubed it and to be honest there must be a million tricks people try and some are utter crap from vaseline to a paint stripping heat gun.

Anyone got a any home remedies or a shop product that they've used themselves , tried and tested ?

Ferret

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
More of a cover up but works and lasts a fair while.

Scuff stuff for shoes you know the liquid stuff

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
my local poundland has something called black trim restorer(or something like that)

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
I like the idea of that but I can't help thinking the paint work will end up like bubble wrap. What does the heat actually that restores it ?

turner brown

VIP Member
VIP Member
ye I was a bit bricking it the first time I tried it on a transit but the results where really good

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Na I've not got the bottle lol, if I screw the paintwork or the bumper that would be me in the shed for a week and I've no feed going in there

turner brown

VIP Member
VIP Member
just keep it moving and take your time . if your worried about the paint use tin foil and masking tape to shield it from the heat

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
I'm gonna have to have a go because as it stands it doesn't look pretty. What about the trims around the door windows ?. Mine are in a bit of a faded state

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
I was in the £shop the other day mooching for some cheap DIY stuff when I noticed they'd a tonne of Astonish car care products and I spotted this, (yes for a quid) :) ;-

Car Care Black Shine Restorer - Astonish

The cars up at the garage for a day or two so when it's back I will give it a go and post a few before & after pics. I've bottled the heatgun treatment option even though the results from youtube look very good. I can't say I'm dipped in luck so .....

TEST