Plastering Course

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

seen an advert in my local paper (Motherwell times) offering a course in plastering it reads

Plastering Coving Taping & Dry Lining
weekend and evening courses available

Mark Whiteman Plastering Training Centre

then it gives a local number and a mobile number

has anyone used this or similair courses before cause i'm thinking of trying this to give me a job just now

thanks everyone

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

try it, give the number a call

what you got to lose

well its definetely safe to say i wont be doing it lol

he wants £250 per week to show me the ropes!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

do the course then practice for britain m8. it's not impossible, a m8 of mine plasters, he reckons i could easy do it but i just cant be arsed lol

i would personally say not to waist your time mate ,my mate wen down south to do a course and it was a total waste of time i could plaster better than him at the end of the day its a skill that take years to perferct not saying you shouldn`t go for it

i wouldnt mind doing the course but the fella wants £250 a week to observe him plastering i cant afford it but i think i will defo look in at my local college cheers folks

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i'll charge £50 to watch me do a shit

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

disgracegful, how can you charge your children £20 a day and sleep at night?

@gav, some people actually enjoy that. ewwwww

i know mate its that part of our community i'm aiming for :) it takes different strokes ;)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Be carefull of college courses, My son signed up for a 3yr one after leaving school all free.
First year was ok one day a week was plastering 2 days was more writing up then practical but turned up for second year they wanted £1500 to carry on the course.

Be carefull of college courses, My son signed up for a 3yr one after leaving school all free.
First year was ok one day a week was plastering 2 days was more writing up then practical but turned up for second year they wanted £1500 to carry on the course.

did he not go through CITB or Skills Solution?

will find out m8 but i know he passed all the first year with flying colours but went back and they said due to expenses and other crap out thier hands now they were gonna charge for the rest of course.
it also happened to a m8 of mine who was doing a brickie course at night school.

i did a 4yr course as an electrician with skills solution when i left school and they payed all the costs, i did 1 day college 4 day work. how old is your son?

just found his award its a CITB city in guilds levels 1 foundations m8, he was 16 when he started it.
mate who did night course is in 30's took it just to do own house improvements and had to stop it, dont know much details on that aint seen him in long time lol

Back