plasma mounting help

gazz10

DW Member ++
Reaction score
thinking of mounting my 42" lg plasma seen the bracket i need but not sure about the other gadgets i need connected to the tv

firstly want to mount plasma and then have the sky ,dvd player, xbox360 etc mounted on shelf directly below if possible so here it is looking for floating shelf that will take these units or has anyone else got any idea's. Surely someone has mounted tv and devices up on wall

Any information would be greatful.

not sure if posted in right section its sort of tv related

AVforums.co.uk have several threads called 'Get your plasma out for the lads'. There are loads of great ideas in there.

thinking of mounting my 42" lg plasma seen the bracket i need but not sure about the other gadgets i need connected to the tv

firstly want to mount plasma and then have the sky ,dvd player, xbox360 etc mounted on shelf directly below if possible so here it is looking for floating shelf that will take these units or has anyone else got any idea's. Surely someone has mounted tv and devices up on wall

put a Sony Bravia on the wall 40" bracket with tilt cost £30 off ebay (brand new, maplin type mount,written on box) and fits like a dream.I then went and bought 2 float shelves from Ikea lobbed them on underneath and to the sides of the bravia so it sits nicely in the middle,got me hands on some corrogated plastic tubing to tidy all cables up.

on the shelves got Sky HD, Xbox360 live, PS2,BtHomehub wireless router and laptop.Just watch out for the weight depending on type of wall, stud type takes around 15kg,brick say 30kg.

Last edited:
This is my setup, sounds like somthing you are looking for....

Basically I have got made to measure 8mm glass shelves wall mounted using grip backets (4 for each shelf). To route the wires I have used 80mm guttering covered in a chrome film.

Hope this helps.

i myself bought really good scart leads and hd lead , which is worth doing , then had them plastered in the wall for my 42 " plasma in my lounge and also with my 27" in my bed room , there are no leads or wires on show , which looks great , if u buy crap leads though this will cause u a problem later so spend the money
regards biffo

This kind of thing is what I do for a living. I usually chase a bit of MT5 mini trunking into the wall and run a spur with a single socket for power. Because you're DIY you can run the power cable in the MT5 as well which is much easier. The thing about using large trunking is that you can add/remove cables as and when you need.

You need tro check the construction of the wall. Lots of newer places are 'dot and dab' which can be a pain and will not take a floating shelf without some extra work.

If want my opinion though, flat TVs look much better with all the other equipment hidden away some where and just the screen and maybe speakers on the wall.

This is my setup, sounds like somthing you are looking for....

Basically I have got made to measure 8mm glass shelves wall mounted using grip backets (4 for each shelf). To route the wires I have used 80mm guttering covered in a chrome film.

Hope this helps.

Thats a smart little set up.

Back