pixelmania

J

Inactive User
Reaction score
bought 2 dvd players from them on 25th april
but only got one .
ive emailed and phoned them loads of time but all i get
is our team leader will contact you about it.. STILL FOOKIN WAITING
i phoned and demanded to talk to team leader but there never there (aye right)

any u guys any advice what to do now
im getting knowhere fast. there thieving fookers

Go to ure local CAB centre and ask them for advice.

Best idea is to threaten them by letter that if u do not hear from them promptly u will contact a solicitor and when u do they will be billed for the cost.

The only trouble with threatening charge them for solicitors time is that if they are used to treating people like this (and tbh it sounds like they are) they will be aware that the value of a DVD player would be issues to the small claims track through the county court, in which case the opportunity to recover costs are virtually non-existent with regards to solicitors, because they are discouraged at this level. The opportunity to claim other costs at this level is also very restricted.

Did you pay for the item by Credit Card?? Because if you did, you could contact your Credit Card Company who may well have a system in place to recover your money etc.

Unfortunately, for the cost of a DVD Player, legal action really isn’t worthwhile in my opinion because the cost of issuing a claim will probably be more than the item is worth.

If it were me, I would fire off a letter something along the lines of the following letter, wait the 7 days and then complain to Trading Standards.

Dear Sir/Madam

INCOMPLETE DELIVERY OF ORDER REF:.............

With regards to the above referenced purchase by myself of two DVD Players from your company, you will no doubt be aware that I have, to date, only received one of the previously mentioned DVD Players.

I have engaged in numerous telephone conversations with countless numbers of your staff, all of which have promised that a superior member of staff will contact me as a matter of urgency. Needless to say, this has not yet happened and I must say that I now feel that your staff are deliberately attempting to avoid dealing with this matter.

I have copies of all of the documentation relating to this transaction and it appears clear to me that when I made full payment to your company, we entered into a legally binding contract that would result in your company supplying to me the items that I had paid for. As you have so far failed to complete delivery of both items, I believe that your company is in breach of the previously mentioned contract.

I have evidence that I have paid for two units as well as proof that I have only received one unit. Should your company continue to refuse to provide me with the goods that I have paid for, I will have no option but to commence proceedings through the courts in order to recover the goods that I am owed. Should I be forced to take this action, I will also request that the court grant compensation for my time and the stress involved in dealing with this unacceptable situation.

Should this action be necessary, I will also be forced to lodge an official complaint with Trading Standards and any other relevant authority with regards to the manner in which you have conducted yourselves in this matter.

Please confirm to me in writing, within the next 7 days, that you will be either dispatching to me the missing DVD Player immediately or providing me with a refund for the full cost of the missing unit and half of the total postage costs, with immediate effect. Failure to contact me with regards to this matter will result in legal action commencing against you without further notice.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr xxxxxxxxxxx

Hope this is of some help. :)

ALL OF MY POSTS ARE JUST MY OPINION AND ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN AS ANY FORM OF ADVICE OF INSTRUCTION

Last edited:
The only trouble with threatening charge them for solicitors time is that if they are used to treating people like this (and tbh it sounds like they are) they will be aware that the value of a DVD player would be issues to the small claims track through the county court, in which case the opportunity to recover costs are virtually non-existent with regards to solicitors, because they are discouraged at this level. The opportunity to claim other costs at this level is also very restricted.

Did you pay for the item by Credit Card?? Because if you did, you could contact your Credit Card Company who may well have a system in place to recover your money etc.

Unfortunately, for the cost of a DVD Player, legal action really isn’t worthwhile in my opinion because the cost of issuing a claim will probably be more than the item is worth.

If it were me, I would fire off a letter something along the lines of the following letter, wait the 7 days and then complain to Trading Standards.

Dear Sir/Madam

INCOMPLETE DELIVERY OF ORDER REF:.............

With regards to the above referenced purchase by myself of two DVD Players from your company, you will no doubt be aware that I have, to date, only received one of the previously mentioned DVD Players.

I have engaged in numerous telephone conversations with countless numbers of your staff, all of which have promised that a superior member of staff will contact me as a matter of urgency. Needless to say, this has not yet happened and I must say that I now feel that your staff are deliberately attempting to avoid dealing with this matter.

I have copies of all of the documentation relating to this transaction and it appears clear to me that when I made full payment to your company, we entered into a legally binding contract that would result in your company supplying to me the items that I had paid for. As you have so far failed to complete delivery of both items, I believe that your company is in breach of the previously mentioned contract.

I have evidence that I have paid for two units as well as proof that I have only received one unit. Should your company continue to refuse to provide me with the goods that I have paid for, I will have no option but to commence proceedings through the courts in order to recover the goods that I am owed. Should I be forced to take this action, I will also request that the court grant compensation for my time and the stress involved in dealing with this unacceptable situation.

Should this action be necessary, I will also be forced to lodge an official complaint with Trading Standards and any other relevant authority with regards to the manner in which you have conducted yourselves in this matter.

Please confirm to me in writing, within the next 7 days, that you will be either dispatching to me the missing DVD Player immediately or providing me with a full refund for the full cost of the missing unit and half of the total postage costs, with immediate effect. Failure to contact me with regards to this matter will result in legal action commencing against you without further notice.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr xxxxxxxxxxx

ALL OF MY POSTS ARE JUST MY OPINION AND ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN AS ANY FORM OF ADVICE OF INSTRUCTION

:Clap::Clap::Clap:

John m8, Pixmania are a big company and I have no idea why you are being treated like this but go get them m8. I think their prces are great but the charge extortionate prices for delivery to Norn Iron so go get them m8.

Thats a pretty tasty letter from slackyboy.

just reading that letter had me wanting to send stuff out lol

any updates on this situation??

Yeah sounds like Pixmania, worst site on the internet!!

French company I think. Customer care does not exist in their vocabulary, I warned a lot of people off this site a few months ago when someone posted a deal in the bargain section.

Buy at own risk from this joke of a company.

For everyone that gets a satisfactory deal there is probably someone else being ripped off at that moment.

Agree with DigiCol... PixMania's reputation is very well known, and not for it's quality...

Wouldn't touch 'em with a shitty stick, no matter how good the offer...

Back