Piracy....

No option to sit on the fence with this poll, you must choose.....

• piracy should exist, its fair

Votes: 109 96.5%
  • piracy should be stamped out, its unfair

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
arrrrg wheres me tresure .
piracy is great without it i wouldnt have half the stuff ive got from it films music etc will carry on ripping from dvd rentals downloading lost etc gonna watch it anyway just fancy watching it at my own convienance lol most people who download stuff wouldnt buy it anyway and your always gonna have the ones who want it all proper and will

Ok after reading some of the replies here i have come to the conclusion that piracy is wrong. it got me thinking, i download a lot of stuff and it is wrong. I admit it. No excuse.

Ok after reading some of the replies here i have come to the conclusion that piracy is wrong. it got me thinking, i download a lot of stuff and it is wrong. I admit it. No excuse.

of course its wrong. If it wasnt for piracy Bill Gates would probably be the worlds richest man,............hang on!!!

HE IS THE WORLDS RICHEST MAN!

Why pay money when you can get what you want for free????

I'd sooner download stuff for nothing than pay money for it.

Microsoft isnt the only company being pirated against.

i'm not suggesting that they are, but can you point to one single artist, organisation or company which is on the bones of its arse because there product is being pirated?

i think if prices of things was resonable then people would pay it but when you look at softaware being close to £200 why will people want to pay that when they could get it for free. yes they know its wrong but they then look in there wallet and see they have saved £200. It then goes on from there

i think if prices of things was resonable then people would pay it but when you look at softaware being close to £200 why will people want to pay that when they could get it for free. yes they know its wrong but they then look in there wallet and see they have saved £200. It then goes on from there

It doesn't matter if something is a reasonable price...why pay ANYTHING when its free on the net?

I don't buy into all this try before you buy crap either.If you've already got something for free why the hell would you go and pay money for something you've already got.

piracy creates Jobs in its own right.. what would nagra have to do... If there system wasn't being hacked. And there are loads of examples of this in most froms of piracy.

Last edited:
I've got very mixed feelings about the subject. I'm not really averse to getting overpriced software from rich organisations for free but I feel a bit differently about music.

A lot of the music I like is by artists who aren't big money earners so I would rather buy the music so they keep making it.

we pillage,we plunder,we rifle and loot
drink up me hearties,yo ho
we kidnap and ravage and dont give a hoot
drink up me hearties,yo ho

its a pirates life for me lol

i say take what u can get when u can get it and for free if u can ....lol:Boo:

ok to be fair to the few that voted against piracy, i do feel that we are a bit biased on this site. I was expecting more to vote against piracy though but i think generalising makes it a more difficult decision, because some will feel its right in moderation or to some degree.

Whatever way you see it I think reporters should report fact and both sides, not just 'its evil & nasty'.

Perhaps the law should not brand it as 'theft', social reporting should not try to imply we are all evil criminals? Maybe if you have a new product/idea yourself, dont see it as bad that someone wants to pirate it, its forced competition and the start of another possible new business for you- the anti-pirate department :). In otherwords, our upbringing says its wrong but maybe its not..... our educators are wrong and piracy should be seen in a new light?

Thanks for the votes.

That is one thing i hate. The propoganda that goes around here about piracy "piracy funds drug smuggling," "piracy funds people smuggling" like wtf where do you get this shit from?

Good question zerofool2005! anyone know who makes this shit up? lol

I'm kinda for piracy. If I only need to use a program once or twice then I won't pay for it but if it's something i'm gonna use i.e. winrar, i'll pay for it :)
plus I haven't got loads of time to watch the telly so I'll download what I want to watch, and watch it when I've got time

I can smell the soldering iron heating up as he starts to reconnect his talkback, whilst phoning Dickie Branston to order the premium pack!!!!!! LOL

If it's free.........it's for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ASSFLASH:

Back