Pineapple

baron

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well I have managed to cultivate a pineapple plant from the top of a pineapple had loads of attempts over the years and finally done it
Its in its early stages and as it develops I will take photos and post them [fingers crossed]

nice one... deffo put some pics up mate....

how did you get it root... tell us more lol

Pick a healthy pineapple with lots of top make sure the core is not rotted
cut all the fruit off and the strip the leaves back to about 8, at this stage I let it dry out for a day,
put it in a water[ I did this for about four weeks keep changing the water as it goes cloudy]
small root nodules started to appear. it also looked like it was rotting in part!!!, so I took it out the water scraped off the pappy bits put it in sandy compost and watched it.
Its taken about 3 months to get to its current stage

Pick a healthy pineapple with lots of top make sure the core is not rotted
cut all the fruit off and the strip the leaves back to about 8, at this stage I let it dry out for a day,
put it in a water[ I did this for about four weeks keep changing the water as it goes cloudy]
small root nodules started to appear. it also looked like it was rotting in part!!!, so I took it out the water scraped off the pappy bits put it in sandy compost and watched it.
Its taken about 3 months to get to its current stage

im going to give this ago as well some time....

i brought some seeds from spain about 10 years ago,i dont know what they are and planted them and got one to germinate.
its still growing in the corner of my room lol...

This is the current stage has roots and a new shoot[difficult to see on pics].....yes have a go ratts.. ps got the method from good old googlepineapple.JPGpineapple 2.JPG

brought some seeds back from lanzorote last sept they are growing too..... if you can, do, if you cant teach.

Last edited:
Pineapple update...........pineapple 1.JPG growing ok

Back