pin change on a 1000 box

devster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Have a question for all you boffins who have been so kind in helping me before.

Is there any way to change the pin no on the box eg when ordering ppv.

Bacially the pin was entered incorrectly 3 times, now I can't order PPV or anything that requiresa pin.

Please can anyone help

Regards:Cheers:

ya ganna have to connet it up to libby m8 but ppv not gonna be round much longer with vod,surprised ya got ppv still
erase sdram option in libby will set ya pin to 0000 in eng menu then ya can go in thru there to set it
ya will also have to renter ya net id in libby and ya default freq in eng menu m8 so take note of them before if ya unsure
regards

In the unfortunate circumstance you son/daughter decided to order some XXX or PPV and didn’t know the pin…they would probably have locked your PIN and you would have to reset it. The following are a few pointers to get you back on track of resetting your PIN.
1000 Series:
You can pull the red jumper but you'll still need libby to set your area or you can use Libby to do the whole works. Before using Libby, make sure you have got your box’s configuration file. (Check cable downloads section) and make sure you can connect (talk) your box with libby.
1. Boot into engineer menu (holding down the up and down arrow buttons).
2. Take note of you NET ID/area frequency on page one.
3. Run lib erase (clear) S-RAM using Libby. Your PIN number and area code will be erased (reset).
4. Set the NET ID using Libby.
5. Boot box in engineering menu and set your PIN and area frequency code.
4000 Series:
You can reset your PIN on a 4000N box without using Libby and opening your box
1. Assuming you've forgotten the PIN you put any old PIN in 5 times so that the box reports that the PIN is locked.
2. Go to the Menu option where you would unlock the PIN, and put in any old PIN (it shall probably tell you invalid pin entered).
3. Then reboot the box and go into Engineers menu (holding down the up and down arrow buttons whilst the box is being booted up).
4. You should now find that you can actually move down to the PIN option on the 1st page and reset the PIN using the buttons of the box.
4001 / 4010 Series:
You can reset your PIN on a 4001/4010 box without using Libby but shall need to open your box
3. Turn off box and remove the back of the box.
4. Look on the board and you will see a jumper (normally red), remove it and replace it after 2 minutes.
5. Reboot box back into engineers menu and change your frequency back (as noted in point 2).
6. Go to page 4, I think, where you can now change pin with the up arrow button. Remember the PIN you have chosen.
7. Reboot box and when you order a PPV, just type in your new pin

That looks like a new bog standard post you've started jimmyq.
I wonder how long it will be before someone else starts posting it?
Clive.

i just copied and pasted it mate ....

getting bad habbits off you mate...lol

hope it helps though ;)

aslong as we pass on the message mate i thinks its ok

i only copied one of yours...lol
which ive lost now :(

ps: the 1st post one

ppl copy and paste my posts normally.
Clive.

SEARCH BUTTON !

just looking for this .but need to ask? can this pin change be done to a box after having talkback cut? and is it pos. to block certain channels for children on a chipped box.i really need to do this asap on a 4001.and hope it can be done.

JIMMYQ said:
In the unfortunate circumstance you son/daughter decided to order some XXX or PPV and didn’t know the pin…they would probably have locked your PIN and you would have to reset it. The following are a few pointers to get you back on track of resetting your PIN.
1000 Series:
You can pull the red jumper but you'll still need libby to set your area or you can use Libby to do the whole works. Before using Libby, make sure you have got your box’s configuration file. (Check cable downloads section) and make sure you can connect (talk) your box with libby.
3. Run lib erase (clear) S-RAM using Libby. Your PIN number and area code will be erased (reset).
4. Set the NET ID using Libby.
5. Boot box in engineering menu and set your PIN and area frequency code.
4000 Series:
You can reset your PIN on a 4000N box without using Libby and opening your box
1. Assuming you've forgotten the PIN you put any old PIN in 5 times so that the box reports that the PIN is locked.
2. Go to the Menu option where you would unlock the PIN, and put in any old PIN (it shall probably tell you invalid pin entered).
3. Then reboot the box and go into Engineers menu (holding down the up and down arrow buttons whilst the box is being booted up).
4. You should now find that you can actually move down to the PIN option on the 1st page and reset the PIN using the buttons of the box.
4001 / 4010 Series:
You can reset your PIN on a 4001/4010 box without using Libby but shall need to open your box
3. Turn off box and remove the back of the box.
4. Look on the board and you will see a jumper (normally red), remove it and replace it after 2 minutes.
5. Reboot box back into engineers menu and change your frequency back (as noted in point 2).
6. Go to page 4, I think, where you can now change pin with the up arrow button. Remember the PIN you have chosen.
7. Reboot box and when you order a PPV, just type in your new pin
are you saying this is possible on a chipped box?use it to order ppvand just change pin etc,,sounds too good to be possible

Back