**Pin 11 mod**

b3nnyb0y

Banned
Reaction score
Guys i just looked at the pin 11 mod pic in the other topic right and the boars differnt differnt numbers next to chips etc etc and like i dont get wtf to do? oO :Cheers:

There's a dot on the chip in one corner.
That's pin 1.
3,3v is one of the pins where you plug your max in.
You could solder the wire under the board.

If you get it to work.
I'll eat my own ear wax!

This was was not designed for the 200, only the 100 120!

ahhhhhhhh cheers l33tplay3r so wtf why did someone say to me do it on a 200? lmao cheers for clearing that up m8 ;@)

ya its no biggie m8 thanks again ;@) it just confused me coz of the chips & crap where completly differnt like numbers and the some of the chips seemed to be in differnt places i was like wtf? lol ty <3

When I have mentioned /WE on the modem TSOPs I have said that some units may not like it or it may not boot with pin 11 disconnected.

The first mention of it on here was: http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56391

Try taking it high sometime during the boot, try it manually; if it boots put a reset supervisor on it so it is kept low until sometime later in the boot sequence.

A timing diagram of what happens on the TSOP pins at boot would be a good place to start on a hardware anti-update mod.

the thing is right its just so bloody small lol i mean i can try and put a wire going to the 3.3.v on the pin header thing ad the other onto pin 11 but i dont fancy soldering it like i can maybe keep it in place with something? my soldering irons a big meaty sucker lol and the tips pretty big :eek: ill have a play tho see what happens

Pin 11 Does Not Work You Are Wasting Your Time .......it Needs W/e To Boot ...it Wil Just Keep Rebooting...although You Can Fit A Switch Once The Modem Has Booted Flick The Switch And Viola No Update :)

can someone give me a simple yes/no as to will it work lol coz a friend of mine will be able to solder it for me as i am to heavy handed :s and what would i need to makeit switchable?

I don't know sh*t about all this stuff.
But i do know this.
The pin 11 DOES NOT WORK !!
Or like i said before. It does work.
The modem does'nt update.
But it wont connect to the net either.
I used to watch network setting for 1/2 hour at a time.
It would get an ip begining with 82.etc....sweeet! two second later.
Then nothing.
I had a connector block to disconnect the voltage from pin 11 worked great.
disconect new mac.
Re connect
no update
No internet either.
ah how about a resistor in between???
Clive baby?
Is that how you do the TV's with the pin 11
Is that where the idea came from??
Has someone on here got a 120 ambit cloned with no update and pin 11 soldered on the net.
YES or NO ?

Alright b3nnyb0y hows you, If it works then its a treat, but as name750 says who has said they got it working, i have never heard a good word about it.

kk i understand but it might there could be like a small chance oO and if it does... then i mean its all good im just putting faith in clive ;@) i mean like if it works it stops me worrying about me modem being updated and having to flash the fecker :Cheers:

If it's something to do with the timing of /WE going to 1 then it could be controlled with a supervisor or logic or a PIC if it was more complex.

Back