Pig's head tied to Sikh memorial

mojo247

Inactive User
Reaction score
A pig's head has been tied to a war memorial put up by the Sikh community in the West Midlands.

The discovery was made at a roundabout close to Stoney Stanton Road, in Coventry, on Wednesday evening.

Navreet Singh, 22, who removed the head before taking it to the police, said whoever had tied it to the memorial was "ignorant" and "mindless".

West Midlands Police said they were aware of the incident and were investigating.

'Absolutely disgusting'

Mr Singh, a Sikh youth co-ordinator for temples across the city, said he became aware of the incident when contacted by a newspaper about it.

He said at first he assumed it would be a pig mask, but his sister went to the roundabout to take a look and confirmed the severed head was real.

"It is absolutely disgusting," he said.

"It's inhuman. This is a war memorial. It's not a Sikh monument, it is a British one.

"It seems like someone was trying to attack Muslims. It is ignorance."

'Very daunting'

The memorial commemorates lives lost in war by members of the Sikh Regiment.

Mr Singh said he had no idea how long the head had been there.

"I can't imagine someone putting it up in broad daylight but then it must have been up for some time before it was reported," he said.

"It was very daunting having to remove it."

A police statement said: "Police were made aware of an incident last night involving a pig's head located on a roundabout near to Stoney Stanton Road.

"Inquiries are ongoing in respect of this issue."

Another example of the idiocy of people who think that Sikhs are Muslim.

(mojo247 m8, please read Spectre's sticky at the top of the section. It save unecessary questions about your source)

How could anyone who claims to be British vandalise a war memorial?

I know its sick.

How stupid can you be to do this ? I bet it was one of them people who say " oh they're all the same ".

I hate things like these even though im not personally offended.

I discussed this with a few of my Sikh mates and we're all upset that someone would do such as thing and dishonour the thousands that died for the very freedom that the vandals are now using to commit these sorts of crimes.

We did spend more time discussing how stupid British racists are. I mean for the sake of your racist little group at least know who you are targeting. Or are all Asians deemed to be the same to the British. Are all British Asians seen as Muslims to the ignorant few?

I would have thought that after 50 odd years living in this country people would know the difference between a Hindu, Sikh and a Muslim.

Are any of British members of this forum embarrassed as well as disgusted by this act?

I discussed this with a few of my Sikh mates and we're all upset that someone would do such as thing and dishonour the thousands that died for the very freedom that the vandals are now using to commit these sorts of crimes.

We did spend more time discussing how stupid British racists are. I mean for the sake of your racist little group at least know who you are targeting. Or are all Asians deemed to be the same to the British. Are all British Asians seen as Muslims to the ignorant few?

I would have thought that after 50 odd years living in this country people would know the difference between a Hindu, Sikh and a Muslim.

Are any of British members of this forum embarrassed as well as disgusted by this act?

By saying how stupid British racists are, you have the crux of the matter.

Racists are stupid wherever they come from.

this post didnt go down to well this morning when i had a hangover eating bacon grill

maybe it was a muslim peeved at the Sikh's fighting for britain that put it there, to say it is a british person is in itself racist surely. I do agree it disgraceful though whoever done it

maybe it was a muslim peeved at the Sikh's fighting for britain that put it there, to say it is a british person is in itself racist surely. I do agree it disgraceful though whoever done it

So, are you saying that a muslim isn't a British person teg? :confused: ...or that muslims didn't fight for Britain?

A thread where it was meant to be about sikhs and the wrongdoing of this disgraceful act yet the muslims are mentioned!

Could have guest!

there's always one :)

who says it was a brit and what is the definition of a brit lol

Sorry Munkey m8 but I don't know the difference, call it ignorance or whatever but I really have no need to know the difference, I dont have any friends of either of those religions therefore I dont need to know the difference.

I wouldnt say I am embarassed but thats just me being honest because I don't know who did it or why they did it, but I am disgusted that a British war memorial is defaced.

These people fought for Britain...(their country) so they have my respect.

What utter rubbish , mate.. Anyways Absolutely disgusting the people who did this need to be locked up! simple as

So just out of curiosity, are foriegn racists smart ? lol

I have noticed that you are all very quick to jump on the "it was the brits" band wagon.

The pig could have been on a parachute diplay team drop and fell through the blades of a passing helicopter.

It could have been put up by kids, of any religion.

I worked for many years in Fords on Merseyside and it was a real melting pot of cultures.
There was British, Irish, Jamaican, Asian and other nationalities and on the whole we all lived,worked and laughed together in harmony.
There were a few nobheades has there are in all walks of life but they didn't amount to much.
But with todays generation( both Muslim and Christian ) I fear for the future of the human race.

I hope I don't sound too gloomy.

This is what this country is turning into. Ignorant dumbass tossers.

Jus respect one another, how hard is it.

Being a sikh i must admit going into places i have received racial abuse because of ignorance but stuff like this really show what this country is about and turning into. Frightening!

Back