Picture freeze - unfreeze every 10 mins

Utopie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Every 10 minutes or so, the picture just frezzes up for a few seconds (10-20 seconds) and then unfreezes.

Does anyone know where the problem might be? I have had it for years now with no problems like this. Tried reflashing it, that didn't help.

what image are you running and is it a Sagem box you have

one method is to remove the internal modem from the box.

mines does the same m8, its since the key roll thing happened. its as if the software seems to be so slow. btw im using a nokia.

Yeah, I'm Nokia as well boys... Using Gav12345 au fixed - the one with the boot image of the cute looking vot on it, and the most satanic evil looking german shepard puppy.

Does anyone have an image suggestion that works ok? I guess messing with the ucodes isn't going to do much...!!!

thats the image im using too lol. wtf is that dog piccy about!!!! if there is a fix id be happy to hear about it to.

the only thing i can think of is a weak signal issue, quite a lot of it about,try a signal booster in line(from argos), to see if it helps, if not you can take it back for a refund, most of my mates are running gavs pacino trilogy and no probs except one who done as i said and cured it, hope this might help...cheers

the only thing i can think of is a weak signal issue, quite a lot of it about,try a signal booster in line(from argos), to see if it helps, if not you can take it back for a refund, most of my mates are running gavs pacino trilogy and no probs except one who done as i said and cured it, hope this might help...cheers

its not signal m8, it was sound before the big key thing. never been the same since.

Cheers Al, so far so good, will update if I get freeze ups.

Feel free to PM me for the files if I am about.

So yeah, THE BOXING IS ON SETANTA TONIGHT:banana:

strange, mine has been the same since the big hit and never once had a problem before.. tried loads of images and a booster but no go..

Well, I am still getting the feeze ups, but I will try a few other images with these files today...

Anyone with any success stories?

I was having the same problem, but last night tried Blade Quad and, touch wood, since then my box hasn't frozen once.

Try this image, it might fix your box.

I think a lot of these problems around the country are short term only now. Remember that VM have been upgrading the 4mb Broadband to 10mb for free, working area by area.

This work must have had an effect on signal quailty at various times. It's supposed to be completed by the end of Summer (whatever that is)

Cheers- AL

I don't know if this will help. I run a sagem box ( I don't know what image is on it, but when the signal rolls it rolls). I removed the modem, didn't make much difference. I then went a bought a 6db attentuator from a electrical components shop in Glasgow called Taits ( its on the web), I also put a couple of ferrite core clamps on the coaxail cable and it all seems to be pretty stable.

I can confirm that upgrading to Blade Quad solved the issue. The picture quality isn't as good as the AU Fix image, but what the hey!!

I can confirm that upgrading to Blade Quad solved the issue. The picture quality isn't as good as the AU Fix image, but what the hey!!
Make sure the scart is in the tv slot on the box and scart 1 on the tv then Dbox,settings,video, video output and choose rgb/cvbs it might improve the quality

Back