Picons on OLED

The skin_user.xlm file that Rat uploaded here working great. I edited the path for the picon only, then a restart of the box.

After seeing a recent thread on this and having some spare time today I thought I'd have a play around with this today. I've tried all this on the latest OpenPLi image.

First thing I've found out is that the picon renderer won't resize the image when it comes to picons on the OLED so you either have to have a differing set of picons for the OLED or you can display the full size picons as they are on the OLED but obviously bits will get cut off.

The other thing is that I had read is that the file /usr/share/engima2/skin_display96.xml needs to be edited but as this file is a system file a subsequent online update (if you're that brave) can overwrite this file so your changes disappear.

For custom user based changes enigma2 provides a mechanism, you basically put your changes in /etc/enigma2/skin_user.xml, the contents of this file get overlayed with files like skin_display96.xml so that the contents of skin_user.xml take precedence.

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff, the net result is leave skin_display96.xml alone, create the file skin_user.xml put the following content in it:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

restart enigma2 and hopefully it should start displaying picons in the OLED. The key to the above working is size="100,60" which is the size of the standard HD picons, from what I've found, alter this and you'll get nothing being displayed. If you really want a differing set of picons for the OLED then you could add the following path="picon_oled" so the line above becomes:

Code:

It will then look for the picons in the folder picon_oled but don't forget to alter size="100,60" to match the actual size of the picons in that folder.

You can also add the following extra lines:

Code:

which will display the word "Rec" on the OLED when the box is recording but the text is red and so small and it being visible depends on the what's being displayed on the OLED but I'm looking at this at the mo.

Please note that all resources that any lines you add need to be included, so even though I've only added the text "Rec" above, as it makes use of a particular font and foreground and background aliases they all have to be included for the extra lines to work.

Lastly, any alterations can be added to skin_user.xml, so for example if you want to change the size of the subtitles, then copy and paste the relevant bit from skin_subtitles.xml, paste it into skin_user.xml, edit it and save and hey presto, after a restart of enigma2 your alterations will be active. The other good thing seems to be that if you mess up the contents of skin_user.xml it seems to ignore them from what I've seen, but don't quote me on this. :)

Sorry to waffling on above but thought I'd explain rather then dump.
thanks

Back