pic quality, enigma vs nextgen

Which image has the best picture quality ?

• Total voters

loady

Inactive User
Reaction score
Gav & Liam both been hard at work on reviving old images with great results, I have flashed so mant times now i thought i would post a poll as i am not to sure which has the better picture qualities, or are they the same....let the masses decide.

loady said:
Gav & Liam both been hard at work on reviving old images with great results, I have flashed so mant times now i thought i would post a poll as i am not to sure which has the better picture qualities, or are they the same....let the masses decide.

excuse me m8 what old image are you talking about my one came out this last week m8 lol

its a brand new image done by the next-generation team and if it was the old one i would not of touched it m8

thats why it has the good picture because upto date cv built files to make the image m8

cheers

by the way i dont think its fair me or liam should choose one ok

LIAM

cheers

I think gav sportster i think it was called 1.76 or sumink was the best. As for now liam's runs fantastically well doesn't crash but picture quality isnt close to gav old one. The next gen one is better than liam.

Hope Liam is still my friend :)

Oops I already chose my own lol. To make it fair Gav choose your own as well to make the results even.

Also, for the people that have only tried 1 of the images; or havent tried any of them - dont just pick a random answer; or dont pick one without trying the other, as that messes up the results.

Personally, I dont think there is actually any difference between them. They are both using the most recent version of Newcamd; only small aspects of each individual image would cause a slightly better/worse picture quality.

Liam.

Anish1905 said:
I think gav sportster i think it was called 1.76 or sumink was the best. As for now liam's runs fantastically well doesn't crash but picture quality isnt close to gav old one. The next gen one is better than liam.

Hope Liam is still my friend :)

lol... right thats it i'm coming to hunt you down ;) ... na, to be honest, even tho i think the picture quality is probably the same, it wouldnt suprise me if gavs is slightly better. Mine is based on an older version of enigma, whereas Gavs is based on the very latest release by next-generations.

Liam.

liam to be honest i agree i dont see any real difference in the picture quality i think it just goes down to who prefers enigma and who dont really as i do think there is no real difference

cheers

also if people vote please leave some sort of reason why you are voting

please

gav12345 said:
also if people vote please leave some sort of reason why you are voting

please

well its only right to know why you have voted isnt it

cheers

the best of the best

i have 2 boxes running 1 with liams image 1 with gavs so i say itsa dead heat!!! well done gav liam!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Sorry Gav, it was just a generalisation, Your images are Ace m8, let that be known, i just cant seem to decide which has the best pic quality as after stabilty that is my next crux.

And yeah, your reasons would be valued input.

AND, I AM NOT TRYING TO PIT GAV AGAINST LIAM...........FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT ;)

ok round 1 starts

hello liam

no way me and liam have nothing to fight about if i bring out images and liam brings out images all i can say its brilliant news

i dont have all the pms after pms and give so much support he takes some of that for his images im sure

so all i can say is liam keep posting the images m8

keep them coming

Hey, have you noticed i havent voted yet ?:D

I can t download the nextgen yet....so i cant cast my vote.....it think the guy with each image on a different box has the right idea, then you can compare side by side the same channells.

hear hear! gav u 2 guys are a credit to the dbox community thank you both !!!
saying that age means wisdom if im correct?

gav12345 said:
ok round 1 starts

hello liam

no way me and liam have nothing to fight about if i bring out images and liam brings out images all i can say its brilliant news

i dont have all the pms after pms and give so much support he takes some of that for his images im sure

so all i can say is liam keep posting the images m8

keep them coming

well said (my PMs have gone through the roof!)... there is definately no competition between me and gav :)

KALLYCHILLED said:
hear hear! gav u 2 guys are a credit to the dbox community thank you both !!!
saying that age means wisdom if im correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people are judging from different material if they think they can see a difference. Different channels and programmes give wildly different results. I tried playing back the same TS stream on both images, and it's impossible to call a winner.

That said, I tested it in 16:9 mode on a widescreen set, but I do remember some older images had criminally bad downsampling when displaying 16:9 material either letterboxed or cropped, so that's the only area I would imagine anybody would notice a significant improvement, but I haven't checked this myself.

aint tried the images yet but will soon ! but on what i can see liam and gav are giving us choices and also very high quality stuff so its good news for us these two are working hard !:)

Back