pic quality, enigma vs nextgen

Which image has the best picture quality ?

• Total voters
I agree with senor, i voted no difference, i had both my boxes ( both sagem 1x) with both images and same channel, switched between boxes and could not see any diff at all.
derek

Firstly I wish to thank both Gav and Liam for all their hardwork, I can only imagine how many times you have both had to reboot and reflash your boxes recently.

On the picture issue I truely believe they are exaclty the same which is as good as my Sky+ box.

On the Liam vs Gav issue; I think it will come down to Enigma vs Neutrino.

Liam's image was the first enigma image I have used and if I'm honest I was put on the back foot at first purely because it was different. But after a few minutes I soon got the hang of it and started to like it because it was different. The image is extremely stable and the service scanning speed is amazing. The only drawback I could find was the lack of EPG on the info bar.

The new nextgen image is also superb and purely because I am more comfortable working with the neutrino format it is the one for me.

But my advise to noobies is try both and see what you like best. The enigma image can be made more personal by downloading skins from here:

h==p://www.lunabyte.com/index.php?board=31 (and many more places on the net.

The Nextgen/Neutrino image is probably more user friendly and a good place to start if you want to have ago at modding yourself.

Again well done to both and congrats on your new and well deserved titiles of "Cable God's" sorry I mean "Mod's".

de_deej

Nicely put deej ;)......and just to note, this poll was based on picture quality and i conclude i am a fussy basatard ;)

The link you provided for the skins is a link that i also found on google and even downloaded some of the skins, but upon closer inspection i found the site to have nothing to do with dboxes but web design or something. i think enigma is some sort of menu design software for websites. I have yet to find any skins for enigma image

loady said:
Nicely put deej ;)......and just to note, this poll was based on picture quality and i conclude i am a fussy basatard ;)

The link you provided for the skins is a link that i also found on google and even downloaded some of the skins, but upon closer inspection i found the site to have nothing to do with dboxes but web design or something. i think enigma is some sort of menu design software for websites. I have yet to find any skins for enigma image

Hava a look here mate, you may need to register:

http://www.next-generations.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=7830

de_deej

to be fair both these guys worked extremley hard on their images with al ittle tweak here and there they are still improving them i cant mange to get files and bouquets onto liams yet but hey will play around with it managed to sacn and from what i can see its ,whoa stand back not what iam used to but i like it am afarid i have to go down the road and say I LIKE BOTH and well done to yous and thanxs for all the help i have had from yous including few others down the line a BIG applause to yous cheers

Back