photo DVD software any help chaps

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Im after some photo dvd software basically I want some easy to use software that i can drag my personal photos into and a few songs ive tried some but the end result didnt work on normal dvd players just computers which was just a headache.

have access to rapid and N groups could someone recommend a software please thats not complicated

appreciate any help

You can turn your photos into a movie with music, fade-ins etc. The quality of the images isn’t as good and it takes a lot of space on the CD. Ulead’s Movie Factory Disc Creator is fine for that. The resulting CDs will play on most DVD players.

Irfanview will make a simple slideshow with music you can burn to CD using Nero. That would play back on a computer fine but probably not a TV DVD player. It has high quality and is efficient for disc space, but it is a poor way to store photos IMO.

You can turn your photos into a movie with music, fade-ins etc. The quality of the images isn’t as good and it takes a lot of space on the CD. Ulead’s Movie Factory Disc Creator is fine for that. The resulting CDs will play on most DVD players.

Irfanview will make a simple slideshow with music you can burn to CD using Nero. That would play back on a computer fine but probably not a TV DVD player. It has high quality and is efficient for disc space, but it is a poor way to store photos IMO.

charlie to be honest it has to be a DVD my mum passed away a few month ago I took all the photos and have the job of either copying the lot 5 times over which would cost a bomb are making my family a dvd copies which will be cheaper more tidy and less stress also i want to put her favourite cd running in the background has to be dvd compatible m8 ill have a look at ulead

you can use windows movie maker to do that

Step 1. Bring your Windows Movie maker software program up on your computer screen.

Step 2. Look for the task tab, under the capture video category, click on import pictures.

Step 3. Drag and drop your photos in the storyboard arranging them any way you like.

Step 4. Under the edit movie category you can add video effects and transitions. Drag and drop them also in the storyboard. Try all of the them to see which ones you like the best.

Step 5. To add one of your favorite songs change the storyboard view to the timeline view. Under the capture video category, click on import audio or music. Drag your music into the timeline, under your photo scenes, where it says audio/music.

Step 6. When you are satisfied with your preview choose, save to my computer located under the finish movie category. Your video will be saved with a wmv extension.

Step 7. Bring up your Nerovision Express software program and click on make DVD - DVD Video. Under the content screen, click on add video files. Locate the video you just created in Windows Movie Maker. (Remember it will have a wmv extension.) You can add more than one video here. When you see that your video and or videos have been added click on the next button.

Step 8. In the select menu screen click on edit menu. This is where you can choose from a wide range of layouts, background pictures, etc. Play around with the different options you have. When you get the menu just the way you want it click on the next button. (Click on save as template for saving your menu.)

Step 9. Now preview your video by clicking the play button on the remote control. If you are satisfied with the results click next.

Step 10. From the burn options screen, click on burn to located in the parameters for burning box. Locate your dvd drive. Click on the burn button when you are ready. This process takes a while so you have to be patient. Try not to do anything else on the computer while the burning process is in effect.

Note: If you find that the software won't let you burn, you may need to purchase an additional plugin. If that is the case, you should see a pop up window with instructions on how to get it.
Note:You will not be able to burn without it.

you can use windows movie maker to do that

Step 1. Bring your Windows Movie maker software program up on your computer screen.

Step 2. Look for the task tab, under the capture video category, click on import pictures.

Step 3. Drag and drop your photos in the storyboard arranging them any way you like.

Step 4. Under the edit movie category you can add video effects and transitions. Drag and drop them also in the storyboard. Try all of the them to see which ones you like the best.

Step 5. To add one of your favorite songs change the storyboard view to the timeline view. Under the capture video category, click on import audio or music. Drag your music into the timeline, under your photo scenes, where it says audio/music.

Step 6. When you are satisfied with your preview choose, save to my computer located under the finish movie category. Your video will be saved with a wmv extension.

Step 7. Bring up your Nerovision Express software program and click on make DVD - DVD Video. Under the content screen, click on add video files. Locate the video you just created in Windows Movie Maker. (Remember it will have a wmv extension.) You can add more than one video here. When you see that your video and or videos have been added click on the next button.

Step 8. In the select menu screen click on edit menu. This is where you can choose from a wide range of layouts, background pictures, etc. Play around with the different options you have. When you get the menu just the way you want it click on the next button. (Click on save as template for saving your menu.)

Step 9. Now preview your video by clicking the play button on the remote control. If you are satisfied with the results click next.

Step 10. From the burn options screen, click on burn to located in the parameters for burning box. Locate your dvd drive. Click on the burn button when you are ready. This process takes a while so you have to be patient. Try not to do anything else on the computer while the burning process is in effect.

Note: If you find that the software won't let you burn, you may need to purchase an additional plugin. If that is the case, you should see a pop up window with instructions on how to get it.
Note:You will not be able to burn without it.

Thanks for the help m8 your a star im busy scanning them tonight

Good post by charlie senator

You might get the message

The file C:\****.avi cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file
is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install
the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.

So make surre you have the correct codecs on the PC

Next in WMM goto Tools\Options\General - Tick Download codecs automatically.

I still had a problem playing .avi files, even with the correct codecs and above ticked. Then found that you also need to do the following.

goto Tools\Options\Compatibility - Tick ffdshow MPEG-4 Video

Then all was ok.

Good post by charlie senator

You might get the message

The file C:\****.avi cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file
is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install
the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.

So make surre you have the correct codecs on the PC

Next in WMM goto Tools\Options\General - Tick Download codecs automatically.

I still had a problem playing .avi files, even with the correct codecs and above ticked. Then found that you also need to do the following.

goto Tools\Options\Compatibility - Tick ffdshow MPEG-4 Video

Then all was ok.

yeh great help good post i managed to get it sorted thanks

Back