Phones and shopping

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
I could get round Tesco or M&S in half the time during this "social distancing", which I try to observe, if people weren't dawdling because they are messing on with their phones.

Stopping in their tracks pushing a trolley in the middle of aisles to fiddle with their phone...

I could get round Tesco or M&S in half the time during this "social distancing", which I try to observe, if people weren't dawdling because they are messing on with their phones.

Stopping in their tracks pushing a trolley in the middle of aisles to fiddle with their phone...

Aye, totally agree, even before this virus people cannot stop looking/playing with their phones. We met a couple a few months ago with a new baby, the lad could not leave his phone alone wile talking to us, is it really that important to reply to a text or whatever. Like you say something as important as the distancing/virus and they can't leave it for half an hour FFS.

I was in Sainsbury's earlier and some twat was playing with his phone, I politely asked the kunt to move...worked for me...👍

I thought about a "mask mic" but most of what I say will should not really be published.

It's like most of them are just browsing.

Tesco's one way system needs a good rethink. I was behind a woman and her daughter, pushing the trolley, on Saturday. They were blocking the whole aisle, rather than having to ask them to move I went the wrong way down the next, empty aisle.

Having a one-way system, rather than relying on people's common sense (LOL) is forcing people closer together in supermarkets. There were a few occasions where I should have waited behind people to move along but it was quicker, and people-free, to go the wrong way down aisles.

There was a time then I was waiting behind this woman and kid, then some other woman appeared right in front of me and started choosing ready meals. I lifted my hand palm-up as to gesture "What are you doing?". Just in case security were planning on complaining to me about my diversions.

Maybe it does, the one way in my local always has someone reversing.....as of course they are pointing the right way ffs......
If everybody followed the one way system then they as me would go up aisles that usually are missed out and end up buying stuff......ffs last bill at Tesco was £651.49 ha ha ha.

Maybe it does, the one way in my local always has someone reversing.....as of course they are pointing the right way ffs......
If everybody followed the one way system then they as me would go up aisles that usually are missed out and end up buying stuff......ffs last bill at Tesco was £651.49 ha ha ha.

I wouldn't go down the wrong way if there was anyone there, but sometimes it means I can get where I want to be without having to pass people or hang around. Both of which are bad for passing infection.

It's also a bit ridiculous when you want a block of cheese right at the end of the aisle but have to go right round another aisle to get there. That sounds like a good way of spreading it - Make people take 50m detours round the shop, past other people, and you might have to wait behind them.

The amount of times I've threw my hands up in disbelief at what people do. I said in another thread, I need a covert cam and mask mic, the obscenity level would probably upset most though. "Look at this ********** ****** walking straight in front of me to get something off the shelf the ****** ************ **** should have waited for me to move...". (Don't try to decode those, they are random :)).

Most people up here don't subscribe to common sense though, hence we had one of the worst CV19 death records.

I'm struggling to understand the complexities of keep left and that the pointy end if the arrow is the suggested direction of travel - no wait it's not me it is actually the rest of the population

Back