phone tethering with pc issue

cactikid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As we have lost internet in the garage i tried to tether phone and pc together and have it connecting showing 1 user but no web page works? Is there more one has to do or could vm mobile not support it cheers.

As we have lost internet in the garage i tried to tether phone and pc together and have it connecting showing 1 user but no web page works? Is there more one has to do or could vm mobile not support it cheers.

Some providers block tethering. Although could do with additional information;

I presume you have a windows laptop, can you do the following and post the results;

Open a command prompt

ipconfig
ping www.bbc.co.uk
ping 8.8.8.8

It may be that your DNS is set from your house provider or something, in which case you'll likely need to change that.

As the pc is in garage and it windows 7 it would need to be midweek or try and remember to bring laptop home for updating.

Not had any luck as media disconnected and connection specific DNS suffix
ping request not find host

Might have hit a dead end as cannot find bluetooth on laptop lol.

Last edited:
No ip at all,somewhere i have a bluetooth dongle and if i find it might give me a connection on phone,strange as it says it has a connection but nothing in devices.

Not sure if you can tether via a Bluetooth connection @cactikid. Have you tried USB and selected USB Tethering in the phone options?

I don't know what interface will appear on the PC, possibly something like a WAN Miniport over USB or something like that.

Yeah it wont necessarily show up in devices. Are you able to connect the phone via USB or something? On my iphone I can connect via USB or bluetooth. Might be worth trying.

Alternatively, you could reset your NIC card or even update the drivers for it.

Back