phone scams

rizsparky

Inactive User
hello, i got a phone call from t-mobile, the operator was foriegn because he had a french-italian accent. He asked me if i wanted a new phone, i asked him twice about who the phone call about and he said 'im just on any phoneline'
He asked my personall details and i kept saying why. he also akes my adress, but i didnt tell him after that I said no thanks and put it down as fast as i could.
Was i right to do so??
Thanks
Rizsparky :)

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
I would of put it down soon as i heard his voice LOL........cant trust anyone these dayz m8,good on ya for puttin it down

b3nnyb0y

Banned
Aye m8 i would have hung up an all i dont trust no fecker these deays what with identity theft an all its more wide spread than we think ;)

Explosivo

Inactive User
yea me neither, now if you just pm me your name address and credit card number i will report this on your behalf.

:Jester:

little_pob

Jnr admin
Staff member
Jnr Admin
I've had a couple of these with people claiming to be phoning on behalf of from t-mobile saying that I've won a free 12 month contract with free phone. The last one was from a guy who was speaking very quietly, with an indian sounding accent and obviously from a script. I just said no and hung up...

Its interesting that I've never entered a competion for t-mobile (I've got a voda contract any way), I very rarely give my home phone number out, and yet they asked for me by name.

fspm

Inactive User
Its usually marketing companies, first this i ask for is if they have a telephone number that i can contact them on, there company name, and if i like what they are offering i phone up the network helpline and they can verify if it is real,
But i agree with the identity stealing part, also remember people in the UK do it aswell not just foriegners

Mick

TEST