iPhone Phone needs restoring

mickbrush

Inactive User
Reaction score
My Iphone 3g was on 3.1.2 so I jailbroke it used instalus and downloaded lots of aps, when iso 4 came along I updated to the hacked version and all was well now I have started having problems using cydia and dtunes saying cant write to whatever file and crashing. I think its probably my fault I have messed with loads of stuff but now i would like to get it working right any ideas how I can restore it back to standard and start again without losing the ability to jailbrake it again.

My Iphone 3g was on 3.1.2 so I jailbroke it used instalus and downloaded lots of aps, when iso 4 came along I updated to the hacked version and all was well now I have started having problems using cydia and dtunes saying cant write to whatever file and crashing. I think its probably my fault I have messed with loads of stuff but now i would like to get it working right any ideas how I can restore it back to standard and start again without losing the ability to jailbrake it again.

What do you want to restore it to mate? 3.1.2 or 4.0? Either way you can restore to either fw, and rejailbreak it again.

so can i restore to 3.1.2 and iso3 and do you think will this make it work ok again.

can i upgrade to 4.0.1 and still have it gailbroken.

Sorry for all the stupid questions but do I just let itunes update to 4.0.1

hi mate its not a stupid question thats what the forums all about if u dont ask , yes let itunes restore your phone to 4.01 then jailbreak

mickbrush said:
Sorry for all the stupid questions but do I just let itunes update to 4.0.1

Just type in jailbreakme.com in web browser when ur on 4 and slide bar to jailbreak .

Back