Phone is listening in on you

river4ever

river4ever
Reaction score
I have been saying for over a year now that my phone has been listening in on me. I think i mentioned on here also.
But there has been so many times i get adverts that i have had no interest in, this is mainly sitting with my ms and her talking crap, i have to answer her to keep everything on board. But few days later i get adverts on the crap i had to listen to. It only happens to me on facebook. Im now 10000% sure they do listen in on conversations!!

Seems im also not the only one.

info below:
I thought I was paranoid but now I'm 100% sure our phones are listening to us - and I've got proof

I've known about this for a while and I'm not sure if having any sort of voice recognition switched on is is necessary.

Everyone put phones next to radio with talkshow on 24/7 :).

To be honest I don't know why anyone is surprised at this point. Ever since the smartphone was created back in the Windows mobile days, there has been paranoia around phone snooping and listening.

The only difference these days is it's any IOT device, phones, Amazon Echo, Google alternative, Apple smart shyte, Siri, smart fridge, TV's (lots of them), tablets, kettles, smart security systems. Anything with a speaker or microphone (speakers can also double a microphones)

Then you have all the stuff which is connected to chinese servers, all the smart light bulbs, all the smart switches, or anything else that requires an account login to work.

How many times have you had to insert your routers login to use a smart bulb or switch, do you not think that your login details can be transmitted to what could potentially be an unsecure chinese database.

I stopped using ewelink (sonoff and many other devices) because I was getting odd devices in the list in the ewelink app, and some of my devices went missing.

Any smart stuff I now have is connected to the guest wifi on my router and not the main connection.

To be honest I don't know why anyone is surprised at this point. Ever since the smartphone was created back in the Windows mobile days, there has been paranoia around phone snooping and listening.

The only difference these days is it's any IOT device, phones, Amazon Echo, Google alternative, Apple smart shyte, Siri, smart fridge, TV's (lots of them), tablets, kettles, smart security systems. Anything with a speaker or microphone (speakers can also double a microphones)

Then you have all the stuff which is connected to chinese servers, all the smart light bulbs, all the smart switches, or anything else that requires an account login to work.

How many times have you had to insert your routers login to use a smart bulb or switch, do you not think that your login details can be transmitted to what could potentially be an unsecure chinese database.

I stopped using ewelink (sonoff and many other devices) because I was getting odd devices in the list in the ewelink app, and some of my devices went missing.

Any smart stuff I now have is connected to the guest wifi on my router and not the main connection.
As advice was given to disable the microphone on.... siri, facebook and whatsapp i havent been getting ads about things on personal chat levels.
I also went into all other apps that have microphone in settings and disabled them also as precaution.

EDIT:
As im sitting here typing this out, im watching “click” on BBC and its about privicy.
SCARY SH*T!!

😧

Last edited:
As advice was given to disable the microphone on.... siri, facebook and whatsapp i havent been getting ads about things on personal chat levels.
I also went into all other apps that have microphone in settings and disabled them also as precaution.

EDIT:
As im sitting here typing this out, im watching “click” on BBC and its about privicy.
SCARY SH*T!!

😧
Microphones that are controlled by software are easily turned on remotely. Windows 10 updates turn many things on each time they install, and also off like privacy settings.

Spyware works by making things look as though they are turned off when actually they are turned on.

Best just get on with life because if you worry about it you'll end up in a house in the middle of nowhere living a full disconnected life, because it's the only way to be safe.

I have ot laugh at all these peepe that use dodgy windows and install cracked anti-virus and malware programs. How much more unsafe can you get than trusting the crackers have not installed something to let their own nasty programs remain undetected. :D

I have been saying for over a year now that my phone has been listening in on me. I think i mentioned on here also.
But there has been so many times i get adverts that i have had no interest in, this is mainly sitting with my ms and her talking crap, i have to answer her to keep everything on board. But few days later i get adverts on the crap i had to listen to. It only happens to me on facebook. Im now 10000% sure they do listen in on conversations!!

t to hear me lmao

info below:
I thought I was paranoid but now I'm 100% sure our phones are listening to us - and I've got proof
so does your laptop,if they want to hear me they are mad ,I do't want to hear from me lmao.

Not quite as creepy as listening in on conversation but TfL admits to tracking users' movements.

London Underground to start tracking all phones using Wi-Fi starting in July

Just wait until those data get into the wrong hands.

is that wifi connected to the tube wifi or just wifi in general?

EDIT: Nevermind, i read the article again instead of speed reading it and saw this :
the only way to opt out of this system is to turn your phone’s Wi-Fi off entirely

Back