phillips dvp5980 half price divx player

Just got this today :) makes life so much easier, not having to burn dvd's all the time :) no more converting files to dvd format lol ! plays avi's, xvid.

BUT make sure the drive your going to use (usb) is NOT NTFC. as it wont work...!

Im using my 4GB usb flash pen drive, can get 4-5 avi films on it.

Cheers mate:Cheers:

Last edited:
It does play NTSC you just need to -

1) Go to the Preference page in the Setup menu
2) Press 1 3 8 9 3 1 on the keypad of the Remote
3) Options will be available to be selected
4) Choose Zero (0) and press ok

You now have a Multi Region player.

We got one from Asda last week for £50

We got one from Asda last week for £50

sorry meant NTFS.. lol file system not region, ive already set mine to 0 :)

gonna get one myself saves messing with converting to dvd and multi region as well via code think i will watch a few of me region 1 dvds now :Cheers:

Cheers just reserved mine for pick up :banana::banana: Needed a new player and with divx and usb play u cant go wrong :Cheers::Cheers:

I got one ages ago from Amazon (still only paid the 'sale' price at curry's!), and it's been brilliant. I use an external 500gb hard drive with a usb connection, and copied all my dvds and downloads to this.

Can anyone tell me if the firmware's improved, as I have a problem with the directory structure in that the dvd player can only interrogate down one level - ie can't have Prison Break\Series1 etc, have to have 3 separate directories eg Prison Break 1, Prison Break2 etc.

Cheers

Just picked mine up and luckily the wifes auntie works there so got it for £35.99 :proud::proud:Just gotta hook it up now

Cheers m8 worked a treat :Clap::Clap:

just got myself one of these

hs anyone used SATA drives with them? all my USB HDD's are sata interface and it seems to have a power issue. The dvd player cannt provide enough power to the drive.

I have bought one and I have tried several different CDs and DVDs and all played brilliantly. Worth every penny.

Apart from buying a brilliant cheap dvd/divx player ive saved discs and time cuz i can stick avi files on me usb stick now and play them from there :Cheers::Cheers:

Apart from buying a brilliant cheap dvd/divx player ive saved discs and time cuz i can stick avi files on me usb stick now and play them from there :Cheers::Cheers:

seems like everyone in DW got the same dvd player now lol

PS: anyone got it working with SATA drive yet? i only managed IDE drives.

Ive bought this

SUMVISION PHOENIX PREMIUM 1080P UPSCALING DVD PLAYER

Of ebay for £29 it has built in card readers aswell, should be delivered today

Back