peugeot 307 1.6 hdi limp mode

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys - had diagnostics done , for my peugeot 307 hdi 1.6 2004 plate...fault codes are:

P0489 - EGR VALVE
UNKNOWN CODE - FUEL PRESSURE LOW

if i leave the car overnight and then start it with my foot on the accelerator it will fire and start up...it will remain started as long as i got my foot on the pedal, once i take my foot off the gas..it will konk out....then it wont start at all unless left for a long time..then the same thing happens....any mobiles mechanics need work around brum...

egr very common tbh but normaly just run rough or hard to start.

Had simulair fault recently on a merc that injector/injectors leaking and not giving correct pressure and would not start. Not sure how about 307 but ill ask at work tomorrow and get back to you.

Jason

ok guys - had diagnostics done , for my peugeot 307 hdi 1.6 2004 plate...fault codes are:

P0489 - EGR VALVE
UNKNOWN CODE - FUEL PRESSURE LOW

if i leave the car overnight and then start it with my foot on the accelerator it will fire and start up...it will remain started as long as i got my foot on the pedal, once i take my foot off the gas..it will konk out....then it wont start at all unless left for a long time..then the same thing happens....any mobiles mechanics need work around brum...
have you tried cleaning the egr valve?
use carb cleaner
get all the gunk out
then bang it back on

these things wont start if rail pressure is below 280 bar
ide be looking to see if the inertia switch is letting lift pump in tank run also check the filters clean an look inside for metal frags or swarf
what did you scan with ?
also look for the pump primiung on key on engine off it should rum for a sec
egr shouldnt cause non start but low fuel presures the one ide chase
any more info like engine code ect ?

Sounds like the fuel filter may be blocked. EGR isn't causing the cutting out or non start. Not sure about the system in your car, but like Horus has said rail pressure has to register 150 bar+ for modern high pressure diesels to run.

thebigman

Back