Petrol price drop

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
just been into Morrisons to fill up and noticed that unleaded has dropped to £113.9 and I think diesel was £128.9

Im sure others will follow :)

ahh cheers carlos I never see that :) be good to see it drop below a pound again

Hopefully all the petrol companies will reduce their prices to reflect the current wholesale price of fuel......

i'm not moaning but the price is still too high :) back below a pound it needs to be. all they done is set the price too high in the first place and then dropped it a little bit

What pisses me off is that Tesco was giving you 5p off when you spend over £50 in store so they (Morrisons/Asda) could have discounted their fuel but chose not to. These super stores could have done this a long time ago and with the drop in oil prices they trying to make us think they are taking the hit

is it just me or when the price of oil goes up it dont take long for the forecourts to raise the odd penny etc on but when they fall it takes a few weeks to come off if at all?

the yanks where doing there nut last week when fuel went to $3 a gallon lol ..

if we use there exchange rate thats a cost of $15 a gallon we pay

Hi

Well you guys are lucky theres been no price drop round our end in fact it went up by 2p over weekend.

supermarkets could easily drop 1 or 2 p of a litre and just put a penny on spuds or something else which would go unoticed. i do know that the average price they pay per litre is approx 12 p less than pump prices, so after overheads that come down to about 1/2 profit.after all a tanker can deliver aproxx 45,000 litres per delivery so transport costs are shared for each litre.

supermarkets could easily drop 1 or 2 p of a litre and just put a penny on spuds or something else which would go unoticed. i do know that the average price they pay per litre is approx 12 p less than pump prices, so after overheads that come down to about 1/2 profit.after all a tanker can deliver aproxx 45,000 litres per delivery so transport costs are shared for each litre.

well thats my point @ tesco spend £50 in store and you get a 5p a litre @ thier gas station

Glad to see it, last time heating oil cost me £320 for 500 litres and as for petrol 40 miles for £10 doesn't go far...

Hi

Well you guys are lucky theres been no price drop round our end in fact it went up by 2p over weekend.

Thats one thing to watch out for. Apparently prices are always put up at the weekend (higher demand). Will always get the best rates Wed/Thur. That's why they waited a few days before the knocked the price down.

tescos has slashed 4 p off and then 1p if you use a club card. Also if using the 5p off for £50 thats 10p a litre at tescos which is nice

Someone was telling me the weekend their brother is in RAF and has just got back from somewhere in middle east and they where paying 18p a litre for petrol when they went off base. now thats a good price.

Yeah in UAE the petrol is cheaper then the water!

Back