Pet friendly wireless burglar alarm (needed)

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a wireless burglar alarm that is pet friendly, I know they are readily available as I have found a few, as always there is a BUT
they don't seem to go up to my dogs weight :( 60kg +

Anyone here know of one ?

I have the MiGuard G5 wireless alarm from Response Electronics. Can be controlled via RFID, mobile app, normal keypad or texting. It texts and calls when alarm activated.

One of the two PIR available for it state it's pet-friendly but I don't know the full details of this.

I didn't buy directly from them as I found it cheaper. Don't know if company I bought it from still sells them though

Reactions: Rat
I was looking at that one ketmp :)
Most pet friendly are around 30kg
tbh if they walked in and see my dog and he started barking they would run a mile for sure lol but something has happened I've gone a bit mad on security
Ive just installed CCTV, added security lights etc etc

Last edited:
What is a pet-friendly alarm?
Will cats and dogs set off the alarm?
Big dogs probably will trigger a pet-friendly alarm if they have free roam of the house. Don't fear – there's other options for you 'big dog' owners, more on this below.
Cats and dogs, up to 35kg, should not trigger a pet-friendly alarm system.
However, if your cat tends to jump up onto the kitchen worktop and window sills (as they do) or your dog put's it's front paws up against the window when it sees/hears someone walking down the driveway (as they do), then you may experience issues.
What if I have big dogs?
There's a good chance that big dog, above 40kgs, will trigger an alarm system. However there are other configuration options to serve a house with larger dogs or very active pets (including flying pets).

Does dog of free run of whole house when no one in?

If not, you could carefully find a compromise between where to place sensors and direction of them but still catch potential thieves. Also, you can get Wireless Vibration sensors to place on windows and maybe a narrow beam PIR sensor carefully placed.

yip the way to go is good window locks and sensors and then maybe 1 or 2 pirs in key locations and can narrow the field with some masking tap from the inside

No only downstairs although the cat spends most of her time upstairs but she isn't 35kg lol
Yeah window sensors iscthecway to go for me I think
I never thought of narrowing the field of the sensor :)
Thanks guys

No only downstairs although the cat spends most of her time upstairs but she isn't 35kg lol
Yeah window sensors iscthecway to go for me I think
I never thought of narrowing the field of the sensor :)
Thanks guys
Pet friendly PIRs are available but at 60kg they are sure to go off. Have you considered window shock sensors for part set and motion and shock and pirs when full set the alarm?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ive just brought the miGaurd G5, going with window/door sensors downstairs and pir upstairs

If anyone is interested in the G5, Maplins are doing them for £103.99 compared to Amazon and others @ £178.00 Plus

how is the G5 working mate was thinking of getting one for mums house

It's fine mate worth the purchase :) get the o2 classic sim card 2p a text, just make sure its used within a 6 month period and the sim stays active :) £10 should last a couple of years or more
Check local maplins stores as thats the cheapest place at present

If you have this alarm and want additional PIR, Door/Window sensor plus 2 more remote key fob x2
Homebase are doing the miGuard starter kit for £20 and they all sync to G5.... got mine today
if brought separately your looking at around £70
ERA miGuard Plug-In Starter Alarm Kit
actually just read you can also sync the plug in strobe/audible device maybe plug in upstairs.....so the whole starter kit links to G5 :)

Last edited:
Back