PES 2011 Gameplay Trailer

it always looks good but it remains to be seen if it plays well, i hope so i used to love pes and i'd like to go back to it over fifa.

yep i'd agree with that... PES 2010's gameplay trailer look very good as well but when the demo and the game came out, it just didnt feel right. you only really get an indication when u play the game yourself...

It does look good, I'm hoping for the best gameplay wise because for me in terms of gameplay Pro Evo takes a whizz on Fifa generally speaking. But Fifa has been the more consistent game over the last few years. Maybe too consistent. The thing that gets me with PES though is that okay this year the gameplay may very well be spot on and it may very well be the best Pro Evo hands down since PES 5 (all the rumblings from playtesting so far point in this direction as opposed to the opposite) but for me it still looks too much like the half baked Pro Evo games on current gen - same looking player models, same looking fonts, same looking net styles(!!) same looking logo...imho they wanna be changing up all that too esp if they have caught up this time because I think a lot of people may well take one look at the back of the box and decide that it looks too much like PES 2008-PES2010 and assume it's wank and not bother checking it out.

But then again, word of mouth spreads pretty fast so if this game is superb then you'll know all about it - that's how Pro Evolution made it's name in the first place is through word of mouth.

Last edited:
It does look good, I'm hoping for the best gameplay wise because for me in terms of gameplay Pro Evo takes a whizz on Fifa generally speaking. But Fifa has been the more consistent game over the last few years. Maybe too consistent. The thing that gets me with PES though is that okay this year the gameplay may very well be spot on and it may very well be the best Pro Evo hands down since PES 5 (all the rumblings from playtesting so far point in this direction as opposed to the opposite) but for me it still looks too much like the half baked Pro Evo games on current gen - same looking player models, same looking fonts, same looking net styles(!!) same looking logo...imho they wanna be changing up all that too esp if they have caught up this time because I think a lot of people may well take one look at the back of the box and decide that it looks too much like PES 2008-PES2010 and assume it's wank and not bother checking it out.

But then again, word of mouth spreads pretty fast so if this game is superb then you'll know all about it - that's how Pro Evolution made it's name in the first place is through word of mouth.

i agree, im thinking the same after watching that trailer, not much seems to have changed. It might just be me but i still think that the players are moving like robots like the last PES. It didn't show the tele view that long for me, had silly close up shots.
Your right about if it's good that word will spread like wild fire. I'd perfer that to happen once it's out tho, not the hype up talk that happens with reviews or vids on you tube. Only true way you can tell if it's any good is playing it. 4 months is a long time to wait lol, just hope they improve on the demo that came out last year as that just killed it on the spot.

Aye, you can tell a difference with the animations but at the moment they aren't exactly pronounced or radically different it's just minute arm movements or whatever - but the said movements were not there previously so.....

As for last year's game, I think 2 things ruined it firstly was the sluggish or even horrible response for a Pro Evo game sometimes bordering on button lag....and the other horrible thing was that the shooting and the passing to me at least both felt uber stiff even more so than usual for a PES game but on the plus side the crossing was the best it's ever been. But crossing and pretty graphics alone doesn't rescue an otherwise average football game in every other department.

They seem to be making much bigger strides this year though and the changes while not that obvious are most definitely there - and they have replace Mark Lawrenson on the commentary thank god. And Master League is going to have online - no idea how that'll work or even how it'll work out - but that has me intrigued.

Back