People haggling in trading sections of forums.

digicol

Inactive User
Reaction score
North East England, but nowhere near Dutcho!!! Ba
I must admit I really do find it funny the way peoople will do without an item they want becuase the person selling it is asking for 50p more than they are wanting to spend.

For example, a guy put a wanted ad for a game on another forum. he got an instant reply and was told £8 all in. The guy replied I will offer £6, the other guy replied it has to be worth £6.50 and we have a deal. the other guy then says, no sorry £6 is my max.

FFS, it is him who is desperate for the game, just pay the extra 50 flipping pence so you can get the game and enjoy it!!! 50 flipping pence, ffs, some people are unreal.

By the way guys I have this that the other for £99, I was offered £97.80 but I told him to sod off the cheap skate, I dare not let it go for £97.80, my wife will kill me, how will I ever explain where the other £1.20 went?

Lol, but overall, yeah haggle and try to banter down, but if it is offered at say £8 and you then offer £6 you expect to meet maybe half way! But this guy went even lower and only asked for 50p more, yet the guy refused, totally insane. I hope he never gets his game to be honest, I just can't get my head around it.

But this guy is not the only one, I see this often on sites, people spitting the dummy out over 50p or so even though they are getting a decent deal in the first place.

What also does my head in is say someone is selling a hard drive, PSU, motherboard, and maybe a case. Each item is say £30 all in. Say each item will cost £5 to deliver, so somone offers them £100 for it all and the persons tells them that is way low, offer £115 and we have a deal!! How the feck is it a low offer?

4 items at £30 = £120, £5 postage for each = £20 so your getting £100, total postage for the lot will be £7 using a courier. So they are getting £93 clear cash for the lot. Now what tends to happen is people will keep the items up and then bump them and then reduce them by say £3 each when they do not sell at asking, which they never do, so the guy has just lost £12 from his £100 after postage (4x£3 reduction), so he is looking at £88 before any haggling has even started!!! That sort of thing does my head in!!! In the end these kind of people tend to look at maybe £80 profit when they have finsihed, when in the first palce for a nice easy sale they would have maxed out at £93.

Some people are just so thick they can't work out a good offer if it smacks them in the face!!!!

Anyone else notice this on popular trading forums? It is funny to watch at times, but can be very frustrating when your the one making the offer for a few items and trying to drum it into their thick heads that your offer is the best they are going to get at any point in the sale, even if they were to sell at full price now all seperate items to seperate people!!! Some people don't realise that you can send a massive heavy box for under £7, yet it cost £20 to send 4 smaller items seperate!!

"Oh I will knock you a fiver off for multiple postage." "Yeah right, sod off!!"

who gives a fuk mate...should be in rant room firstly and secondly if thats all you have to worry about then your lucky...

:drink:

Last edited:
Oh my, are we on a downer tonight mate?

he is on more than that now digicol lol
and i thought your post was interesting and didnt see it as a rant as such.

he is on more than that now digicol lol
and i thought your post was interesting and didnt see it as a rant as such.

It was nothing like a rant, and I was nodding in agreement as I read it. I think arbelos must have been having some problems to have gone off like that.

seems he didnt read the zero tollerance thread :(

It was defenitely a rant, though it didn't deserve the response it got.

It was defenitely a rant, though it didn't deserve the response it got.

Sorry, but I disagree. (Please don't ban me Rat):)

A rant is when you are angry and frustrated at something and want to let off steam. Digicol's post was an observation on the dumb behaviour of some people. He found it funny. So do I.

Rat, why is this man not banned (LOL).

Even if he's seeing the humourous side, still feel the tone and the length constitutes a rant. Agree with everything he said and am really not that bothered whether it is in the rant room or not though.

i think this is true in most walks of life today mate.
i always say if i`m happy with the price then thats it but my mate has to haggle down on everything. he is a car boot nightmare lol

I've seen myself 'playing hard to get' over less than a quid but in the end I'll cough up and pay the extra quid or two.

As you say Digicol, much better to get the item I want for the sake of a few quid/pence extra.

@digicol

these people are everywhere m8 just thank God they're not the majority :) i'd rather find a cheap price than haggle for one.

Back