pen drive security

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

does anybody have any recommendations for security for usb jump drive or similar.

i want sommat i can password protect the drive just in case i loose it or somebody lifts it :)

all the programms ive looked at dont seem to be what i want.......?

A few guys at work are using Folder Lock, have you had a look at that one m8?
_http://www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/

edit: just thinking, are you after something to password protect the info, or to lock the drive to make it unusable if you lost it?

yes, what i want is for me to be able to use where ever i want whilst im out and about, if i loose for the data to be safe ie somebody could wipe and use for themselves but my data is not easily got at.
everthing ive looked at so far seem to be protected in my machine but open anywhere else.
ill give that 1 a look thanks
ps well done on 1000+ posts

@the bard

that looks like the one, u can actually run the protection from the jump drive/flash drive etc.

how good the encyption is "who knows" but in the event of it being lost to the average person finding my data will not be easily veiwed, which is what i wanted.

now to find the update to remove the timed trial :)

:Cheers: :Cheers:

Why not just archive your folders with WinRAR:

WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.

chrome

@chrome yes m8 i did think about winrar, but what i wanted was a solution that i dont need to install anything on anybodys computer if i needed when out and about.

folder lock seems to do that, no dll's no reg entries etc, totally self enclosed.

ps thanks for info

Back