Peak Atlas ESR Meter and Semiconductor Analyser

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Selling 2 pieces of cracking kit here.

ESR70. Youtube review An invaluable tool in the electronics repair game. If you don't know what it does then the chances are you don't really need it ;) It has pinpointed many a dodgy capacitor for me but a lot of people are unaware of it's ability to find short circuits. It is capable of reading resistance to 0.01 ohms so can pinpoint the short without having to remove multiple components as part of an elimination process such as parallel capacitor chains.
Extremely well looked after. £60 inc delivery and PP fees.

DCA75 Youtube review No more guessing what that semiconductor component is or which pin is which, this does all that for you. Gives the characteristics also so great for matching substitute components. Software for pc on the usb stick but this unit gives an incredible graphical view anyway.
Not been used to any real extent and again has been extremely well looked after. £75 inc delivery and PP fees.

Are you retiring Chook? :)
Yes mate. Been slowing up for a while now and it just seems pointless hanging on to it all. Still a wrench though to part with my gear, my head says yes but my heart says no. These small posts have taken a couple of days for me to click the post button ;)

Not really expecting to sell here but just applying courtesy.

Yes mate. Been slowing up for a while now and it just seems pointless hanging on to it all. Still a wrench though to part with my gear, my head says yes but my heart says no. These small posts have taken a couple of days for me to click the post button ;)

Not really expecting to sell here but just applying courtesy.

I've been vacillating over some of these for a while, see PM.

This lockdown has renewed my interest and doing more repairs than ever now.
Just this minute ordered a replacement ESR70. Should have listened to my heart. My brain has always got it wrong 😂 😂😂

This lockdown has renewed my interest and doing more repairs than ever now.
Just this minute ordered a replacement ESR70. Should have listened to my heart. My brain has always got it wrong 😂 😂😂

I feel guilty now :(.

I was in work today, just to collect a few things, gave my Dad the same tour as in that video.

Nothing to feel guilty about Rob :) They've come down in price a little, £68 something excluding vat so with courier delivery cost me £85. I paid over 100 for the last one.
I'm a little rusty in ordering though. Ordered quite a few passives and the battery charging chip for this board. Some came today, all wrong.
Ordered 0805 instead of 1206 package, 0603 instead of 0805 and the only package I got right I managed to get the wrong tolerance, and it matters.
To be fair I had a lot on my plate 😂smBus.jpg

Nothing to feel guilty about Rob :) They've come down in price a little, £68 something excluding vat so with courier delivery cost me £85. I paid over 100 for the last one.
I'm a little rusty in ordering though. Ordered quite a few passives and the battery charging chip for this board. Some came today, all wrong.
Ordered 0805 instead of 1206 package, 0603 instead of 0805 and the only package I got right I managed to get the wrong tolerance, and it matters.
To be fair I had a lot on my plate 😂View attachment 129037

That looks a bit corroded...

I gave it an initial clean up so I could do some fault finding. There were other areas that were liquid damaged too. May well end up in the bin yet.
I'll look at injecting voltage today with my bench psu and the laptops battery to see if I can start the laptop.
Could well be faults in other sections of the laptop.
HP15-da000na, fairly good machine but no diagrams available.

CLEANED.jpg

Back