PC3200 / 1GB / 400MHz / DDR / 184pin DIMM / Computer Memory - £15.00

smcsmc

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is a good price if you have an older PC:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3317197/PNY-PC3200-1GB-400MHz-DDR-184pin-DIMM-Computer-Memory/ProductReviews.html?cpage=1

£17.99 for 1GB BUT

As PCWorld do a price match and there current in shop price is wait for it £44.99 for 1GB they will match the price of £17.99 the knock 10% off.......

How good is that

so I have just got 2GB of PNY 1GB PC3200 DDR 400MHz for £30.00 :banana::banana::banana:The guy in the shop was VERY unhappy BUT thats his rules.

Last edited:
hey, cool. My mobo takes both pc2700 and pc3200. Currently it has pc2700. Can you mix and match? If so then this sounds a good idea.

i did not know that pc world was price matching pus 10% off where do they advertise that please let me know beforer i make a prat of myself

I just checked the play.com website, they got the 512 at £13.99 so tis indeed a good price.

and thanks smcsmc and digicol.

Just checking the site, it reads

To take advantage of our price promise, please telephone our sales team on 0844 561 0000 clearly stating the following details:

1. Your name and delivery postcode
2. The product, price and our product code you are interested in purchasing
3. The name of the Internet site or store offering a better price

Once the price is verified we can process your order immediately over the telephone.

Websites: items sold by Amazon.co.uk*, Argos, Asda, B&Q, Comet, Dabs*, Dell, Evesham Technology*, Game, Gamestation, Halfords, HMV, Jessops, John Lewis, Maplin, Misco*, Play, Staples, Tesco, Toys r Us, ******, Woolworths

Im gonna phone them up tomorrow and get one sorted - blooming fantastic find smcsmc :)

Well I got 2 sticks but I think it cost me more than if I had got it delivered from play.com.

I was in Leatherhead and looked for the closest store. It was Kingston only 9 miles away. Unfortunately it took me 1/2 hour to get there as it was b-roads. First time Ive been in that part of the country (and probably last).

I showed them play.com printouts and one of the lads in store checked and agreed and gave me paperwork to take to the till. The cashier there (Ruby Sidhu was her name), was a bit of a stroppy moo. Maybe time of the month? She called the manager. She told the manager that it is £44.95 instore and should we price match it. Manager said just do it. She charged me £35.98, which is same price as play. I told her that it should be 110% but she said no, that is only applicable if you find it cheaper after purchase. She wouldn't believe me.

Anyways, considering petrol cost, and no 110%, it cost me more! Should of gone thru quidco to play.com as its 4% cashback.

Oh well.

Was passing by to see a friend and went past pcworld. I popped in and gave them my receipt, told them customer services (via email) said I can get my money from any store. It took them a while before they agreed so got £3.60 back. So got both sticks now for just under £30!

Anyways, finally got round to fitting them in. They were for my lad's PC. He has got 2 memory banks and so took out his one 512stick and put in both 1gig sticks. Just my luck that K8V-VM just doesnt happen to like it. PC starts up but then reboots on login page :(
Looks like memory not compatible then.

Ive just tried on my PC, took out the 2 256sticks and placed both 2 1gig sticks in. Ive logged in, need to play a bit, hopefully its compatable else waste of money.
As mine has 3 memory banks, I may put in the one remaining 256 as the other works on my lad's PC.

Anyways, what bloody hassle!

This is a good price if you have an older PC:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3317197/PNY-PC3200-1GB-400MHz-DDR-184pin-DIMM-Computer-Memory/ProductReviews.html?cpage=1

£17.99 for 1GB BUT

As PCWorld do a price match and there current in shop price is wait for it £44.99 for 1GB they will match the price of £17.99 the knock 10% off.......

How good is that

so I have just got 2GB of PNY 1GB PC3200 DDR 400MHz for £30.00 :banana::banana::banana:The guy in the shop was VERY unhappy BUT thats his rules.

Thanks mate I just got me self 2 gb of ram for me old VI7 for 32 quid great find and very much appreciated. Had to argue with the lad though regarding the 10% as he said that you only got that when you had already bought the item. I told him bollox as I had printed out what they had on the PC world website and I presented him with it in black and white, as there was a queue of people waiting for the till he went red and apologised immediately LMAO. I now have 2 512mb strips of PC 3200 ram if anyone wants them for £16 they are less than a year old and work flawlessy. You can call me cheeky if you want :)

What make is the 2x 512mb sticks mate?

Give me the product number so I can check them out.

Cheers.

Hi mate

One of the strips of ram is Pmi

MD44512pqv

And the other one is aria A347409 the aria was a generic ram which I got to just beef up the system so I had the 1gb.

Both strips are working perfectly and have done nicely till this bargain popped up letting me get the 2gb. Im going to add an hd3850 AGP card to the mix next then I wont have to upgrade for another year lol. Quad Core will have to wait for a while for me.

Lol this is now the trade section....

Can offer you £13 for them as they will not run in dual channel so I am losing out on performance. And this is via BT so no PayPal fees.

You could have them for that col no problem. Only thing is Im having issues with lockups and various performance problems when using the two new 1gb strips. The system works perfect with 1gb of ram but when I put in the 2gb I get the blue screen of death telling me I have IRQ problems or the system just locks up completely. I have run both new strips through memtest and they are perfect it just seems this old Abit VI7 doesnt like 2gb of ram. Ive also tried mucking around with the page file size in windoze but Im still getting the same problem. The bios options on the board dont give me any options for voltages either so Im wondering if it could be my power supply as its only 400w I am getting a 650watt because I was gonna get the Asus 3850 agp card. Im currently running 2 sata hard drives an x800xt which requires its own supply along with a dvdrw, could this be why Im getting the lockups?? If you could shed some light on it col I would really appreciate it mate thanks.

Mate that is a major flawed board, one dim works fine, the second dim when in use brings up errors.

Some people get away with 2x512mb, others do not, but I am a bit miffed as to how you could run 2 sticks of 512mb and not 2x 1gb?

Very poor board mate, get rid of and invest in something better, not expensive, just better.

That is probably the worst board ever produced in terms of instability when it comes down to ram modules.

But look on the bright side, keep your PSU, should be fine for what your running and invest the cash in a more stable board. :Clap:

Mate that is a major flawed board, one dim works fine, the second dim when in use brings up errors.

Some people get away with 2x512mb, others do not, but I am a bit miffed as to how you could run 2 sticks of 512mb and not 2x 1gb?

Very poor board mate, get rid of and invest in something better, not expensive, just better.

That is probably the worst board ever produced in terms of instability when it comes down to ram modules.

But look on the bright side, keep your PSU, should be fine for what your running and invest the cash in a more stable board. :Clap:

Yeah been thinking the very same col its been a complete pile pf crap since Ive had it to be honest, and does some strange things. I should be able to get a decent 478 board for a couple of quid somewhere.

Am i missing something, 2 x 17.99 - 10% is not £30?

He was just generalising mate its actually £32.58 still a good deal, and I think Ive actually got mine to run properly at last Ive just lowered the speed to 333mhz instead of 400 and everything seems stable now fucking weird.

mate went to pcworld to buy 2 x 1gb PNY sticks but because pacaking is different from the one on the play.com site, they said that the play.com product is an inferior OEM version and there products are retail versions with a 10yr warranty, but I see that the play.com one has a 10 yr warranty, I'd rather buy from play.com because they are offering good value for money but I want to rub the pcworlds branch managers nose in it...............what should I do next..........my friend phoned there customer services number and spoke to one of the advisors, he agreed that the branch should honour the price match but after he spoke to the branch manager he told me the same story about packaging and OEM bullshit..............I really want these bast*rds badly, even would like to go to trading standards or whatever, becuase we all know what robbing bast*ards pcworld are and that only people who dont know much about technology buy from them normally................any suggestions pls

mate went to pcworld to buy 2 x 1gb PNY sticks but because pacaking is different from the one on the play.com site, they said that the play.com product is an inferior OEM version and there products are retail versions with a 10yr warranty, but I see that the play.com one has a 10 yr warranty, I'd rather buy from play.com because they are offering good value for money but I want to rub the pcworlds branch managers nose in it...............what should I do next..........my friend phoned there customer services number and spoke to one of the advisors, he agreed that the branch should honour the price match but after he spoke to the branch manager he told me the same story about packaging and OEM bullshit..............I really want these bast*rds badly, even would like to go to trading standards or whatever, becuase we all know what robbing bast*ards pcworld are and that only people who dont know much about technology buy from them normally................any suggestions pls

Just print everything out thats what I did. Print out the play.com ram then print out the PC World price promise take them along and state to the manager that its in black and white and he is talking bullshit. If he still doesnt agree ask him his name then get onto the price match number on the PC World website and state that the store you are trying to get the price match with refuses to honor it. I cant understand ******s like that its not as if they own the company or anything its not like they are personnally losing out on any profit, they are just fucking employees for **** sake.

Back