PC3200 / 1GB / 400MHz / DDR / 184pin DIMM / Computer Memory - £15.00

mate spoke to the price match advisor at there head office, initially they said the price match should be honoured then after speaking to the local branch manager came back with the same OEM story...............pcworld is just cr*p

its not as if they own the company or anything its not like they are personnally losing out on any profit, they are just fucking employees for **** sake.

He will be getting a bonus on his profit, so he is more interested in short term take home that keeping a customer happy and possible returning.

mate went to pcworld to buy 2 x 1gb PNY sticks but because pacaking is different from the one on the play.com site, they said that the play.com product is an inferior OEM version and there products are retail versions with a 10yr warranty, but I see that the play.com one has a 10 yr warranty, I'd rather buy from play.com because they are offering good value for money but I want to rub the pcworlds branch managers nose in it...............what should I do next..........my friend phoned there customer services number and spoke to one of the advisors, he agreed that the branch should honour the price match but after he spoke to the branch manager he told me the same story about packaging and OEM bullshit..............I really want these bast*rds badly, even would like to go to trading standards or whatever, becuase we all know what robbing bast*ards pcworld are and that only people who dont know much about technology buy from them normally................any suggestions pls

I got mine at the Kingston store. The first sales assistant in the store in Kingston checked it and agreed that on the price match. The cashier however called the Manager, who looked at play.com and agreed it was okay but she refused to give me 10% difference back.
I wrote to cust services and they said 10% should of been given.

I think your unlucky, its who you speak to I guess.

I got it under £30 only cos I went thru quidco and reserved it online. That gave me £2.99 cashback. And going to another PCworld store with the cust services story, and although very unhappy, they had to give me £3.60 back.

I cant see how the packaging makes a difference, it looks like a lame excuse not to honour it. The amount isnt much but its the principle of it. If they have an offer they have to honour it.

You could try using quidco and go to play.com, get a little back at least.

Very nice price for these. I payed £50 for 2x1gb Kingstons !!

yeh great deal i recently paid £34 quid for a 1gb crucial stick wish this offer had come sooner rather then later your getting double the ramm for half the price

Back