Hardware PC rebooting

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Gents

My old computer has started randomly rebooting as if youve hit the reset button ? I've changed psu formatted it and reinstalled windows but still the same. I've ran stress tests for days and it wont act up but as soon as I try playing music or do something on it it goes off.

Ideas please ?

The event Viewer will give you a way to look at the event, error, system, and other logs

Last edited:
Just my luck lol....

System Information (local)

Computer name: DESKTOP-VK1NIVN
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1809, build: 17763
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: GA-MA78GM-S2H, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor AMD8664, level: 16
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 6440865792 bytes (6.0GB)

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

Have you got any sound / graphic cards fitted, if so you could try reseating cards / memory...although i doubt this the issue if you can run stress tests ok.
Also does your new PSU meet the requirements of your hardware? As in enough wattage?

If you can consistently crash it when playing sound, take the soundcard, or if it's onboard then disable it in the BIOS. Then try doing what you do and see if it crashes.

Just the usual suspects really.

Try and get some temp sensors software installed and monitor CPU and graphics card temps. If high give your heatsinks a sodding good clean and try reapplying thermal paste.

Check all fans are working, including graphics card, and either hoover or better still get a can of air and get rid of all dust. It's a killer at the best of times but worse in the summer.

Try reseatting your RAM and even consider taking that odd 2GB stick out and run for a bit to see if stable

as above strip it down back to basic , slap some new paste on the cpu , dust is a killer some times

could be one mem stick is fooked ?

run hirens boot cd and check on the memory ?

hdd renageter is a good one as well for bad clusters on the HD

Last edited:
Back