Other PC & Mac Mini, Single Monitor

fitzybhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thought I should post in here instead of Mac forum as I think the issue is PC related.

I have a pc running W7 and a mac mini. I want to use a single Samsung monitor for both. The monitor supports both VGA and HDMI. When I plug in both, the VGA always takes control and doesn't switch to HDMI. When VGA is out HDMI kicks in no probs.

I connected Mac mini to sons monitor (another similar but not the same Samsung) and it works fine (switches between his pc and mac). I swapped monitors out but the same thing happens with the replacement monitor and my pc.

Is there a setting in W7 or my GFX card software that preventing the monitor from switching to HDMI?

GFX card is a RADEON HD 6800

on my monitor i have a windows 7 & ubuntu server both plug in to the same monitor and i have a button that will switch to each source

on my monitor i have a windows 7 & ubuntu server both plug in to the same monitor and i have a button that will switch to each source

I've got that button as well. Thanks for the reply. I've tried everything...except changing the HDMI cable. I'll just shuffle out this thread now with embarrassment....

Back