OS pc help pls

tony49

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
over the last fue days ive had to try mallwerebyes and spyhunter to try and sort some things out but yesterday as sometime things went very bad this is my problems if anyone can help with info

i have major problems with my os something has turned the windows firewall off and i cant get it back on
and now i cant downloan anything as its deleating it as a virus as soon as i press save

at the mo im setting up a duel boot with win7 pro on the other drive as its been that long im not sure if i can set it all back up again just incase i cant get the other os working

If You can get online have You tried housecalls online virus scanner, or is that getting blocked?

Sounds like you have some dodgy malware, do you have access to another that you can download a copy of AVG or malware bytes to tehn copy to usb and install on the problematic pc ?

failing that how about restoring to a previous date ? this can work a treat somtimes, if you have windows 8 installed you can reset the OS

You've prob got it sorted by now but you could try to download abwcleaner on another pc not the infected one and stick it on a disc. Then insert the disc into the infected pc and run it. If you can run it, it will clear the malware. I have noticed adwcleaner will detect and remove malware that malwarebytes can't and it's free...Good luck.

Last edited:
I would say that probably the best way is to make sure you can copy off all important docs and things and then fdisk and format and rebuild it from scratch all nice and clean.

Back