pc crashing on downloads

Robg

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys ... got a problem with my pc ... when downloading at speeds of 170kbs or more i get the blue screen and pc just locks ... this only happens when downloading ... i play online games no probs at all ... and only seems to crash when im downloading with bittorrent .

is there a problem with my internet or my pc ? .. this has just recently started happening

any info would be appreciated ... thanks

Rob

It must be your peer to peer client that's crashing the PC. It may be infected with some malware. I would download a new copy and re-install after uninstalling the current one.

Mike
:FRIGHT:

Seen this issue before with bit commet and it turned out to be crappy drivers on the networking side.

I hope you not using wireless as wireless drivers are notorious for crashing with large downloads.

usb modems are even worse as they emulate a network card and are very cpu intensive.

Ensure you have the lastest drivers, make sure your using xp spk2 and also ensure that you enable the tcp/ip stack fix in the options on your bit commet client.

hi guys thanks for the info .. no im not using modem on wireless or usb .. and i have sp2 installed to .. bittornado seems to download ok at the lower speeds and anywhere up to 150kb .. then blue screen ... but will try what you's have said
thanks guys

Rob

Back