PC Crash - Need to recover some bookmarks from Firefox

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Gents

My PC has decised it wont boot. I have tried many things to get it working with no luck.

I am going to strip out the hard drive and link it up via USB as I need some data on it. I will also love to somehow export my Firefox bookmarks so that I can inport them into a new installation. Does anyone know how to do this or if it is possible?

Thanks

Gents

My PC has decised it wont boot. I have tried many things to get it working with no luck.

I am going to strip out the hard drive and link it up via USB as I need some data on it. I will also love to somehow export my Firefox bookmarks so that I can inport them into a new installation. Does anyone know how to do this or if it is possible?

Thanks

Mozbackup

Also see attached ;)

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately it seems that Mozbackup can only backup in a XP environment if Firefox is installed on that machine. Since I am trying to backup of a hard drive will this work?

I'm trying it now anyways...

Unfortunately that program did not work. Nevermind I'll try Mairyhinge's way of the doing a repair.

I've never done this before as I've been a bit spoilt, do I hit F2 for the Automated System recovery during the install process? Will I have to type in any commands? (scary thought)

Firefox bookmarks can usually be found here

C:\Documents and Settings\<user id>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Obviously subst C: for whatever letter the slave drive is appearing as.

Firefox is bit strange, those are only backups. The actual bookmarks are held in a binary file if I remember.

Firefox bookmarks can usually be found here

C:\Documents and Settings\<user id>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Obviously subst C: for whatever letter the slave drive is appearing as.

Worked a treat. I amnaged to save my bookmarks, phew!

Thanks to all that helped.

Back