PBX System incoming external calls

lhill8887

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a PBX issue please?

I have helped a friend add a new phone to their existing Panasonic KX-TDA15 system. I have proved a pair from the office down to an existing krone termination which was already pre-connected to the system. I have the phone working - it receives incoming (internal only) calls, it can make outgoing calls (internal and external by dialing 9) but it is not receiving incoming calls from external sources as the other phones in the system do (when a customer calls in all of the phones in the office ring except this new one).
The multi-lines that come into the business have a different number to the actual phone number customers call for the business. I'm just wondering how I go about adding this new line into the system configuration and allowing it to receive these incoming 'diverted' calls?
Many thanks,
Luke.

Hello There,
My best answer would probably be to do the following:

Depending on which type of phone you have, hopefully these responses can help you get somewhere.

From Extension 101 or 200 (Depending on your setup) (presumably the reception phone)
Enter Administrator programing Mode

Prog * #
Password (1234 Default)

620 Incoming Call Group Member
Enter
601 First ICG (This is usually your day ring group)

Down Arrow (This should show Location Number 01-32)
Now using Left, Right, Up and Down Arrows find all the Ext numbers that are associated with the location numbers and write them down.
Cancel button back to top layer of programing
621 Incoming Call Group Delayed Ringing
Enter
601 First ICG

Down Arrow (This should show Location Number 01-32)
Now using Left, Right, Up and Down Arrows Match the Extn numbers/Location
numbers from previous and change ring delay from Immediate/ 1-6 Rings/ No
Ring.
After changes have been made

Enter To Save Changes
End

Thanks estenner, much appreciated.
I'll give this a go and let you know how it turns out!

Back