paypal witheld payment.

justintime

Inactive User
Reaction score
dont know if this has been asked before, but if paypal withold the payment on a phone, can the vendor claim the money back even if the phone is in the process of being sent ?
this hasn't happenned, but my son has just asked me & he is worried in case this could happen.

The money will be released when the buyer leaves positive feedback or after so many days of the buyer not putting in a claim. I've had it done to me a few times when I had a low feedback score. I contacted the buyer and told them situation and asked if they wouldn't mind leaving feedback so the funds could clear but that is purely down to the buyer. Make sure you send the item Special Delivery to cover for "lost in the post" or "never recieved".

AFAIK for a refund before dispatch the buyer would have to contact the seller - e.g. buyer bid in error. Paypal are unlikely to refund if the item is showing as not yet dispatched. Except in fraudulent use, most card issuers refuse to clawback money for a paypal purchases these days.

When selling mobiles on ebay, keep a record of the IMEI number and serial number. Feel free to tell the buyer you have done this, though say you've done it should the 'phone go missing in transit.

keep a record of the IMEI number and serial number. Feel free to tell the buyer you have done this, though say you've done it should the 'phone go missing in transit.

DEFINITELY do what pob says here. Say you've taken photos of the condition and accessories and make sure it's tracked/signed for/special delivery. Most important is the IEMI number as you can ban the phone. Tell this to the buyer as it acts like a warning/threat not to rip you off.

good sound advice there as always on dw, not alot more you can do from whats already been said!

Back