paypal scam

thecableguy12

Inactive User
Reaction score
dont know if has been posted before but this came to my girlfriends email and she dont even have paypal account....poor here goes................

PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of customers. To protect the security of your account, PayPal employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

We are contacting you to remind you that on 29 JUL 2006 our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved.

To secure your account and quickly restore full access, we may require some additional information from you for the following reason:

We have been notified that a card associated with your account has been reported as lost or stolen, or that there were additional problems with your card.

This process is mandatory, and if not completed within the nearest time your account or credit card may be subject for temporary suspension.

To securely confirm your PayPal information please click on the link bellow:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

We encourage you to log in and perform the steps necessary to restore your account access as soon as possible. Allowing your account access to remain limited for an extended period of time may result in further limitations on the use of your account and possible account closure.

For more information about how to protect your account please visit PayPal Security Center. We apologize for any incovenience this may cause, and we apriciate your assistance in helping us to maintain the integrity of the entire PayPal system.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

I get this e-mail twice a week. Have given up informing Paypal: tosser :

wilson1980 said:
install this on your computer and it lets u know if the site your on is the site your supposed to b on..

as for that link..is does appear to b the real thing

That spoofstick tool rocks - thanks for that m8

Mate that spoofstick thing is wicked. Altho its very simple i dont think many people know about it. I think you should put it in downloads or something. Rep points awarded for it anyway cheers for that!
Rayhan

hi m8 i use winrar to open rar files and most zipped files as well.

lmao tried to log in told me i had entered incorrectly so i clicked on forgot pass word asked for email addy so typed [email protected] it has apparently sent me an email telling me how to change my password : tosser :

been getting these for about a year or so on my gmail account, and im always doing that trick. Hopefull paypay can read the ip address and block them before others less diligent than the average user here gets stung.

I Got This Same E-mail But In My Hotmail N It Was In mt Junk Box When I Havent Reigsterd Me Hotmail Account To Papal

same here i keep getting the same scam emails sent to my hotmail acc thats how i know its a scam,just got another one today in my proper email looks very very dodgy...how do you use spoofstick??? (sorry if its a dopey question):confused:

I have actually had emails from paypal like this that were genuine BUT I treat all of them as spoofs. That's the safest way.

If you are unsure - navigate to paypal / ebay manually by typing in the URL and loging in as normal. If the email was genuine they will normally have a notification come up on the screen when you log in. But remember...

NEVER FOLLOW AN AUTOMATED LINK GIVEN IN AN EMAIL.

Last edited:
Back