PAYPAL have set the dogs on me

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
After being ripped off by a prick on eBay who claimed that my PSP never arrived even though I proved that it did to Paypal.

Paypal have finally handed over my 'debt' to a collection agency so it looks like that I have no other option but to cough up the payment else I'll get my credit score ruined (if it isn't already after all this nonsense)

w4nkers.

Last edited:
get the police involved m8, they wont really care, but youllget a crime ref number, give this to the debt collection idiots, also inform paypal what you are doing

the buyer will be charged with theft, obtaining goods by deception, exemption of liability and have his credit scoring marked with a HUGE marker against him

Paypal have just phoned me, asked me to confirm my name then put the phone down on me!

WTF is that all about?!

Probably because a bailiffs warrant must have the correct name on !

Paypal have just phoned me, asked me to confirm my name then put the phone down on me!

WTF is that all about?!

Call me silly or what mate but never confirm anything over the phone, say your bank calls and says whats your postcode etc, i say erm no you could be anyone and refuse.

Sorry about your paypal troubles, hope you get it sorted soon mate

On a serious note ... paypal's bailiffs cannot add crap to your credit score ... they would have to take the matter to the small claims court.

If there bailiffs turn up at your door ... call the police and report it as harrasment.

If they try and take it to the small claims court and you have proof the item was sent then yuou should win.

If you are forced to pay up I would then take paypal to the small claims court to get the money back as you HAVE proof that it was sent ... how can paypal argue back the court?

Log onto the Consumer actio group forum, post it on there, many people have had dealing with Paypal and the advise can be very useful. Also you may want to consider yourself placing the whole thing into a legal dispute. This means they can try and resolve it with you or they can ask a judge to decide. However during this time they are not allowed to process your data, also you can send them a letter advising them that they are not allowed to process your data at all

here is 1 ive used before

Notice pursuant to s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998
and
Notice of intended Data Protection Act complaint.

Re: agreement no(s).
Account holder.
Address

Whereas I have been a customer of (company name) since (date) and whereas I consented in my contract with you to the disclosure by you of certain data to third parties, at no time did I consent and neither was it within the contemplation of the parties to the contract that I did consent to the processing by you of that data in any manner which would be unfair or inaccurate or which in any way would breach The Data Protection Act 1998

Therefore Take Notice that I require that you cease from processing within 7 days of the receipt by you of this notice or else that you do not begin to process any personal data of which I am the subject insofar as that processing involves the communication or passing of personal data of which I am the subject to any third party and insofar as the said data relates wholly or in part to the implementation by you of charges which have been applied to my account in respect of defaults or contractual breaches and where the said charges which have been levied at a rate which is in excess of the administrative costs incurred by you as a consequence of the said defaults or breaches contrary to The Common Law.

This Notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which may already have been caused and that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this notice would violate the fourth, first and sixth principles of The Data Protection Act 1998 to do so would be unwarranted.

Further take notice That I intend to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner and/or to the Courts that you unlawfully hold, process and distribute inaccurate information about me.

This is in addition to any rights which I may choose to enforce under the law of defamation

(date)

(signature)

Same situ as you a few years ago. Sold Xbox 360, guy put a claim in a few days before Paypal claim deadline saying it was faulty and misdescribed even though he left positive feedback saying he was happy. I had withdrawn the moeny and PP passed it on to debt collectors. I ignored them. Sure enough they went away. As previous poster said: visit paypalsucks and do some reading. I think the collection agency was Robinson Way or similar.

Paypal are a bunch of scums. They have such high fees and everything. Also someone opens a dispute on ebay and they are on their side.

Just had a read on Paypalsucks.com and it seems plenty of people are in the same boat as me, fook them, they are getting fook all from me. I've got proof I posted it and proof it arrived at the other end, if Paypal want money then they can get it from the lying bastard who ripped me off.

What was the proof of delivery? Special delivery sent to paypal confirmed address?

Just had a read on Paypalsucks.com and it seems plenty of people are in the same boat as me, fook them, they are getting fook all from me. I've got proof I posted it and proof it arrived at the other end, if Paypal want money then they can get it from the lying bastard who ripped me off.

I wouldn't worry about your credit scoring. I have been through the same procedure as you are going through now. I emptied out my paypal account as soon as I got paid (never ever leave money in that account!!!!) paypal then went against me even though I had proof of postage and took the money out of my account sending it in arrears.

You need to write to paypal via signed for delivery. Keeps all comms written and signed for and not via their crappy in house notes procedure. Tell them that they have unllawfully taken the money from you and that you would like a court hearing. They will decline. You must then lodge a claim in your local county court using the small claims procedure. At this stage paypal should leave you alone.

I've had beef with paypal on a few occasions and have always lost until I tried this method.

If in doubt get advice from your CAB. I know its all headache but its a must when dealing with paypal.

I never understand why paypal always send a debt collector. They must lose so much money!

After being ripped off by a prick on eBay who claimed that my PSP never arrived even though I proved that it did to Paypal.

Paypal have finally handed over my 'debt' to a collection agency so it looks like that I have no other option but to cough up the payment else I'll get my credit score ruined (if it isn't already after all this nonsense)

w4nkers.

Hi mate,don't even let these turds get to you,because they can do exactly nothing.Between them and ebay they are probally the biggest scammers on the planet.It ain't even worth their trouble involving the small claims court for less than about £300,and the dickhead bailiffs can't even knock on your door without a court order.If they do,tell them to sod off.Ebay listed a dodgy ringer on an auction a few months back and I found out at the last minute that it was a cat c write off.Accordingly I told the criminal that was selling the wreck where to get off.He had the audacity to report me as a non paying bidder(he had zero feedback against my 3 year perfect score)I contacted those imbeciles at ebay a dozen times telling them that it was a scam,but they didn't even listen to me,even though I emailed them documented proof.Their answer was to say the were going to put a non paying strike on my account,so I told them to shove their bills up their jacksies and haven't heard sod all from them.Believe me mate,they are pulling your plonker.

Back