PAYPAL have set the dogs on me

Hi mate,don't even let these turds get to you,because they can do exactly nothing.Between them and ebay they are probally the biggest scammers on the planet.It ain't even worth their trouble involving the small claims court for less than about £300,and the dickhead bailiffs can't even knock on your door without a court order.If they do,tell them to sod off.Ebay listed a dodgy ringer on an auction a few months back and I found out at the last minute that it was a cat c write off.Accordingly I told the criminal that was selling the wreck where to get off.He had the audacity to report me as a non paying bidder(he had zero feedback against my 3 year perfect score)I contacted those imbeciles at ebay a dozen times telling them that it was a scam,but they didn't even listen to me,even though I emailed them documented proof.Their answer was to say the were going to put a non paying strike on my account,so I told them to shove their bills up their jacksies and haven't heard sod all from them.Believe me mate,they are pulling your plonker.

:Clap::Clap::Clap:

For what it is worth mate I, and I am sure a lot of other peeps on here hear you.

It is just a sad world that the powers that be (eBay) really can't see it the same way.

A debt collection agency (Intrum Justicia) have been phoning me daily, atleast twice a day for the last week. I've told the reps to return my file to PayPal as they are getting fook all out of me, I tried to explain my case details but the twat on the phone wasn't interested and just told me that if I didn't pay up within 14 days then they'd add an admin charge to the bill and everytime they had to write to me I would have to pay for the letter @ £12 per letter!

I told him to do whatever the fook he wanted and hung up. :)

Oh, and the guy said they CAN and WILL damage my credit score if I don't pay within 14 days.

Small blip in a large ocean mate, just do not pay. Of course they are going to say what the are saying, after all they want the cash FULL STOP, that is their business nature, to say whatever sounds good on their behalf to force you to hand over some cash. Next time they call or you get a letter just give them a call and tell them that the person in quastion no longer lives here as your name is "blag" "blag" and you moved in just 10 days ago and already you have had enough of these stupid calls and letters for the previous owner of the house. Tell them you will not tolerate any more calls. Probably will not work as they could just check the electoral roll and see you do live there, but at least it would make you feel better and maybe they will back off, who lknows, as they are a busy company they surely have bigger and more lucrative fish to waste thieir resources on?

If your credit score is very good then surely this small blip will not affect it enough to hurt your future plans.

Last edited:
A debt collection agency (Intrum Justicia) have been phoning me daily, atleast twice a day for the last week. I've told the reps to return my file to PayPal as they are getting fook all out of me, I tried to explain my case details but the twat on the phone wasn't interested and just told me that if I didn't pay up within 14 days then they'd add an admin charge to the bill and everytime they had to write to me I would have to pay for the letter @ £12 per letter!

I told him to do whatever the fook he wanted and hung up. :)

Oh, and the guy said they CAN and WILL damage my credit score if I don't pay within 14 days.
when they phone u up say this ok u put charges on my so called bill but from this date (what ever date they phone )
say to them
i will leavey a charge to you for me answering the phone to you
of £10 per call and for every week that you dont pay the bill i will levey a default payment of £30

may put the shits up them
when they back off tell them u have sort leagal advice on this
and will them sue them for asking for money with menaces
say you are quite prepered to except an offer off them to settle out of court

fight back and fook them

I would look at reporting them to the police at this stage.

They have no court order so report them for harrasment. Any bad credit rating you get at this stage could be disputed and would be I think a violation of the data protection act for the credit agencies to hold unreliable/incorrect information on you.

I would also write a formal complaint to the regulators of these muppets.

Ok, there is certain legislation and also guidelines laid out by the OFT that govern how these people must behave.
First thing you must do is absolutely refuse point blank to discuss anything over the phone! It doesnt matter how much you may be tampted do not ever phone any of them and if they phone you just repeat the words "I will only deal with you in writing".

Then I would send somethig along the lines of:

Dear Sir/Madam

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY
To be treated as an official dispute of this alleged debt.

With reference to the alleged account with the above reference number and your recent letter dated XXXXXXX 2008. I do not believe that I owe this money and so I now wish to file an official dispute on this alleged debt.

This alleged debt relates to a transaction conducted over the online auction website eBay and I believe that I have sufficient proof that I have conducted this transaction openly and honestly and in accordance with all consumer legislation.

I understand that under the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) Guidelines, it is listed as physical/psychological harassment if a company ignores and/or disregards claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continues to make unjustified demands for payment.

I also understand that under the OFT Guidelines, it is listed as deceptive and/or unfair collection methods if a company fails to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued.

Furthermore, I understand that under the OFT Guidelines, it is listed as deceptive and/or unfair collection methods if a company does not cease collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

As this letter is to be treated as an official dispute of this alleged debt, your company must now cease all collection activity until the true status of this alleged account can be ascertained. This also means that you are now legally prohibited from placing any charges or fees of any nature on this account. Failure to adhere to these legal requirements will result in official complaints being made to all relevant authorities and may result in the commencing of legal action against your company.

I would point out to you that at no point has any liability been established through the courts and on this basis, I believe that you have no legal right to demand any payment from me. Please be aware that should you commence any legal action against me this will be vigorously defended and contested.

Please confirm to me in writing that this matter shall now be permanently removed from your records.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr xxxxxxxxxxx

ALL OF MY POSTS ARE JUST MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN IN ANY WAY AS ADVICE OR INSTRUCTION.

Last edited:
I would do as above and then just wait for a response. Depending on what their response is will depend on what you fire at them next.
Remember that in law, it is up to this company to prove that you owe the money. In this case, I am finding it hard to see where they can find this proof, given that it is a matter relating to the sale of goods. On this basis, you would need to be taken to court in order to prove your liability to this debt.
If there is anything else I can help with just give me a shout. I am not an expert in law but I am studying it and I have ample experience of dealing with the twats at debt collection agencies!!!!

ALL OF MY POSTS ARE JUST MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN IN ANY WAY AS ADVICE OR INSTRUCTION.

Last edited:
Cheers, more than happy to help if I can.
With regards to the original posters fears about their credit rating. What I would do if it was me is wait untill the matter is resolved and then do a credit check on myself to see if anything is showing up. If it is then you can fire off a Data Protection Act letter demanding that they provide you with proof that they have the right to record such details - which obviously they will not have because a)no court order and b)no signed permission.
No proof = data MUST be removed.

So I wouldnt let that worry you either!! :)

Back