Paypal are sh*te!!

pmoore31

Inactive User
Reaction score
Glad it was only £3.49. Think of the millions around the world that get this email

Dear pmoore31,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller's account in the future, and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, including member complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Transaction Date: 20 Jul 2006
Transaction Amount: -3.49 GBP
Your Transaction ID: 8xxxx285xxxxxxxxxxx
Seller’s Transaction ID: 7Yxxxxxx Case Number: xx-1xx-33xx-2x Seller's Name: amanda thompson Seller's Email: [email protected]

What to Do Next

This case is now closed. No further action is required by you at this time.

Other Details

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit the PayPal site and click the Security Centre link located at the bottom of any page. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in the "Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal
Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any page. If your inquiry is regarding a claim, log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Centre.

BCxxxxx----------------------------------------------------------------
PayPal (Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom as an electronic money institution.

PayPal Email ID xxxx

earl grey said:
Rule number one

Paypal (ebay) always wins............

Sadly .....:(

There's another thread here with the same topic, WTF happened to the £500 buyer protection?

I still use it, how many of us do I wonder?

just have to wait and see ive had that b4 admit i did get back 4 20 out off 66.00 but i did receive another 42.00 about 6 weeks l8tr they keep trying even tho case closed on your side not closed on there side did it show buyer protection upto 500on the item u bought if so paypal have to refund then attempt to recover themselvesw / insurance company need to recover be patient if dont get a responce in a week or 2 contacyt them and keep pushing them u will get most if not all back gl m8 hope it all works out just keep pushing them m8
take it this happened more than 30 days ago or pmore31 is not your ebay user name could always contact previous buyers/ sellers to get there address small claims only cost £10 Just a thought

Last edited:
keefy7 said:
just have to wait and see ive had that b4 admit i did get back 4 20 out off 66.00 but i did receive another 42.00 about 6 weeks l8tr they keep trying even tho case closed on your side not closed on there side did it show buyer protection upto 500on the item u bought if so paypal have to refund then attempt to recover themselvesw / insurance company need to recover be patient if dont get a responce in a week or 2 contacyt them and keep pushing them u will get most if not all back gl m8 hope it all works out just keep pushing them m8
take it this happened more than 30 days ago or pmore31 is not your ebay user name could always contact previous buyers/ sellers to get there address small claims only cost £10 Just a thought
pmoore31 is not my real ebay id. Never know whos looking in for my address lol

cheers I will try some of there old buyers to try to get there address. Not for small claims but to name and shame them. After all it was only £3.50

bard said:
I still use it, how many of us do I wonder?

I've been using it for years and never had any problems. Luck of the draw I suppose, but I am very careful who I deal with, and I've been around ebay long enough to be able to sniff out the potential scammers.

ebay are taking me to court over sellers fees .. why the f*ck should
I pay them if I have more than the amount I owe frozen ????? wan*ers :Chainsaw:

Got double charged the other day from paypal £185 x2, fortunatly had enough money in bank to cover it before it was refunded over a week later.

pmoore31 said:
Glad it was only £3.49. Think of the millions around the world that get this email

Dear pmoore31,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller's account in the future, and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, including member complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal.

Transaction Details

Transaction Date: 20 Jul 2006
Transaction Amount: -3.49 GBP
Your Transaction ID: 8xxxx285xxxxxxxxxxx
Seller’s Transaction ID: 7Yxxxxxx Case Number: xx-1xx-33xx-2x Seller's Name: amanda thompson Seller's Email: [email protected]

What to Do Next

This case is now closed. No further action is required by you at this time.

Other Details

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit the PayPal site and click the Security Centre link located at the bottom of any page. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in the "Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal
Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any page. If your inquiry is regarding a claim, log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Centre.

BCxxxxx----------------------------------------------------------------
PayPal (Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom as an electronic money institution.

PayPal Email ID xxxx

Love thy paypal - I don't use em anymore - lost loads of money - b*****s

this happened to me about 18 months ago

buyer won phone (from canada)
sent item recorded international
winer said item not recived to paypal
i provided paypal tracking info
paypal sided on buyers side
£150 down
i appealed and won
paypal said they couldnt get the money back as there's
none in his account