Paypal accounts?

franco78

Inactive User
Reaction score
For those of you who sell stuff on ebay, what type of Paypal account do you have? For some reason I do not have a "personal" account, but have a "premium" account, and I don't know if it is worth me having that account, which charges more in fees.

Do any of you guys have a personal account and take ebay payments with no restrictions and no problems?

The Paypal help section is the most complicated jargon in the world to navigate and will give you 10 question and answers when it could just give you one.

i got premier account just so i could accept credit n debit cards
personal account best i reckon no fees to recieve money expcet from cards

Sorry, I meant "Premier" account. I can't figure out why I would have signed up for that account without doing some homework. Maybe they just make it default to the premier when people sign up.

I've been googling and looking on the Paypal site some more. The Paypal help section is diabolical. They deliberately avoid giving details on fees and the limits they set on personal accounts.

nah its normaly default to personal just change to personal more betta for ebay if people pay you just dnt accept card payments as u get a fee charged

Yeh, mines premier also. Sold quite a few things on ebay, but the costs are annoying. For some reason I upgraded it just because I thought it was better without looking into it..

Dan, I seem to remember there were some cons to the personal account. I'll check it out and let you know.

so do you get charge on both accounts or just one could you yet me no thanks bobcat

The big advantage of having a Premier account is that you can accept credit card payments from people who don't have or use a PayPal account.

That's correct, but the problem is you have no way of knowing how many people are paying with a debit or credit card, so it's impossible to know if you would be better off with a personal account.

The main difference also is the amount that you can withdraw

On a personal account I'm sure that you are limited to £50 per day, unlimited on a premier verified account

Well I do tend to withdraw amounts over £100 which is free, but that is not very often. I am sure they find a way to hit people with personal accounts - I guess that is one of them.

I checked my last 7 or 8 payments received and I can confirm they do not tell you how the buyer funds the payment. It just says "Payment type: Instant". Apparently that can mean either card or paypal funds.

Your best bet is to ring them It can take some time getting through but its less frustating than that so called help section! I had a situation where my account was 'unverified' which some sellers on ebay don't recognise.I had to ring and close account and re-open account! Ball-breaking stuff!
Best of luck

i would recommend a premier account as with a personal account you can only accept 2 credit card payments in 1 year. And therefore theres no way of finding out what payment method you are recieving hence paypal balance or credit card charges are high tho 20p + 3.4% of what you recive however is you recieve via paypal balance this means if some1 has a balance in the paypal account are are paying you via that its free...Hope this helps: multi :

Im guessing they charge you for a premier account?

Back