Paul Ritter: Friday Night Dinner star dies at 54

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Actor Paul Ritter, who played dad Martin Goodman in the popular Channel 4 comedy Friday Night Dinner, has died after a brain tumour at the age of 54.
He also starred in Sky drama Chernobyl, played Eldred Worple in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and was in James Bond film Quantum of Solace.
His other TV credits included Vera, Belgravia, Cold Feet and No Offence.
Friday Night Dinner creator Robert Popper said he was "a deeply clever, funny, intelligent, kind man".
Paul Ritter: Friday Night Dinner star dies at 54

It just highlights how our life's can be simply blown out in the blink of an eye.
One day we're happily chugging away the next , gone.
I had a top m8 when I was in my mid 20's we worked groundworking he was my boss.
He got home this day, sat on sofa his wife shouted tea's ready he said I'm taking my boots off.
5 minutes later she shouted again, no reply.
He'd collapsed and died of that adult cot death syndrome I don't know the proper term for it.
Apparently all his major organs failed nearly all at once. He'd never been ill super fit from digging concreting as we all were then.
He was dead before his wife walked in to find him. Left 2 small children behind. From that day I never try to plan too far ahead because far ahead may never appear.
So on that note
R.I.P Paul Ritter

Back